Devils Among Us
a supernatural creature murder mystery
|Devils Among Us||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
|| ADD REPLY || NEW TOPIC ||
Posted: Nov 19 2013, 12:10 PM
You want to join our family here at DAUS? Awesome! We'd love to have you. All you need to do is fill out an application and we'll go ahead and review it and you should be playing in no time. Please make sure to check the face claim and all the information before you start writing. If you're hurting for an idea or want immediate plotting you should make sure to check out our wanted ads. The app below is a free form application and if possible please keep the picture in black and white. Below are some general guidelines to keep in mind while you're writing::
● PLEASE REVIEW. Before you hit submit, read through your ENTIRE app and make sure that you've got your bases covered in terms of spelling and grammar. We expect this app to be your 'final draft' and it makes it easier for us if you've already proof read it and made sure everything is how it should be. It doesn't take too long to put it through Word or GoogleDocs.
● NO MARY SUES. Please attempt to avoid generic characters. Mary-Sues and Gary-Stus are boring. Give them something original about themselves, something that set them apart, gives them flaws, gives them a depth. BUT at the same time, don't go overboard! We don't want twelve characters with the same tragic back story of their entire families being murdered by werewolves or shifters. Just make them memorable.
● BE ORIGINAL. Our application is free form for a reason. We want to let you as the player be as creative as possible and showcase your character to us in whatever way works the best for you. Because of that we're leaving format up to you. You could go with a diary, an interview, a biography, there are a lot of really creative ways to write your application. As long as you're showing both their personality and history within the chosen format that's all we need. If you're stuck and a traditional app would benefit you more, feel free to section it how ever you wish.
● QUALITY IS BETTER THAN QUANTITY. Please do not write an 8000 word application. It's too much. You don't need to go into that much detail. If you're unsure what length to write, please read through the accepted applications. They're usually a good way to judge.
● ASK FOR HELP WITH IMAGES. If you need help finding an application image, or need help resizing it, please just ask. Almost everyone in the cbox is more than willing to help.
● KNOW THE MEMBER GROUPS. Make sure you read up on our lore. Our lore might be different from other sites so it's important for you to understand the group your character will be in.
● TITLE AND SUBTITLE. Fill out your title and subtitle for the application as such:
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR APPLICATION.
Posted: Apr 4 2014, 08:17 PM
|| OPTIONS |||| ADD REPLY || NEW TOPIC ||