Sunshine Delavan
 Posted: Oct 22 2017, 02:37 PM
.quote.
Brinee ❣ Offline
owner of wicked wicks
26 YEARS OLD
Inactive
4 POSTS

When she had arrived in Cheshire, Sunny had already put a deposit on a building that she had seen on the internet. She had fallen in love with it and decided it would be the home of Wicked Wicks. The name still amused her as she carefully applied the large stencil to the storefront with her tongue out in focus. Her eyes were slightly narrowed. Her turquoise hair was piled on the top of her head in a messy bun. It had surprised her that there weren't any candle shops in the small town. The perfect demographic with all the people in town. Everyone loved candles. It was why she had chosen that kind of business. Sunny could have gone into music with her talents, but she had always preferred a business that would keep her hands busy and her mind off of the hunger that gnawed at her at times.

It was better if she wasn't in the spotlight where someone might figure out that she wasn't human. The young woman pulled the stencil off grinning as the backwards letters shined back at her in a gold old fashioned tint. She had always loved the old time look of shopfronts even if she wasn't very old fashioned herself with her bright colored hair and array of vibrant fashions.

The music was blaring from the player as she spun around singing to the song on the radio before realizing that she had way too much to do before the opening. She hoped people would come. If not, she might have to persuade them to do so though she didn't like using her talents for her own gain. There was still so much that she didn't understand about her abilities and trying to understand them. Of course, she knew the dangers of feeding too much. It was this thought that kept her on the right track.

Sunny turned to her best friend that she had invited to help her get everything set up. Cici had been the main reason that she had moved to Cheshire. She wanted a friendly face wherever she went. Cici had been her best friend in New York, and she hadn't really had anyone to talk to after she left. Still, Sunny had her secrets. Cici still had no clue that her best friend was a Siren after all. "So, tell me about this guy Tristan? Is he your boyfriend or boytoy? If you get my meaning..." She wiggled her eyebrows. The young woman had trusted her artist friend to decorate the walls however she wanted. Sunny thought it would be a nice touch to have freehand paintings lining the walls around the shelves that currently held nothing. The candles were still in boxes that littered the middle of the floor. At least, she had her counter and cash register ready to go. The apartment upstairs currently was filled with boxes that she was currently living out of until she had gotten the store going then she would think about unpacking.

"Not that I'm judging. I'm hoping to find a boytoy myself. Someone cute and naive that I corrupt with my wicked ways. Also after we're done with the store, I hope you're going to help me unpack my apartment because you've been a lifesaver here."

.pm..email.
^
Cici Alexander
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 06:30 PM
.quote.
Ceri ❣ Offline
art therapist
30 YEARS OLD
Inactive
54 POSTS

When Cici had gotten the call that her best friend was planning on moving to Cheshire, the petite woman had been simply over the moon. It wasn't that Cici was even lacking for friends, but Sunny was one of her favorite people in the whole world and had missed her like crazy since moving away from New York. Especially now, with all the weird and crazy things happening to her, Cici couldn't think of anything better than having the vibrant woman close enough to see whenever she wanted.

The pair had been working on the shop all day to try and get it open for the grand opening. Cici had pretty much just asked Sunny for a mood and a color scheme and had gone for it, painting the murals freehand as the inspiration hit her. She thought they were all coming out amazingly and hoped Sunny thought so too.

Sunny's question gave Cici pause as she turned around on the step stool. She knew Sunny was going to ask about Tristan. Cici had talked about him enough since meeting him. "Of course. I have all day free to rummage through your things." She smiled, answering the simple question first. "And I don't know what he is. Neither, maybe." The blonde gave a bit of a shrug, wishing she actually had an answer.

"I really like him. He's smart and kind and makes me feel safe. We've had dinner a couple times but...nothing's happened." It was the weirdest thing. She knew that Tristan liked her too, she knew that he didn't really see them as 'just friends', but she just couldn't figure out what they were if they were more than friends but not quite in a relaitonship.

"I've never even seen him outside of his store." Cici laughed slightly, having been surprised when the realization had hit her the other day. "I just don't know what to think about any of it." Maybe she needed to just lay it all out. Maybe she needed to invite him to her place for dinner just to see if he came. Maybe she just needed to grab his face and kiss him out of the blue. She knew which Sunny would tell her to do at least.

.pm..email.
^
Sunshine Delavan
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 02:07 PM
.quote.
Brinee ❣ Offline
owner of wicked wicks
26 YEARS OLD
Inactive
4 POSTS

There was really no one else in the world that Sunny would have trusted to help her open her shop than Cici. It was an added bonus that she would have a familiar face in the small town. A fresh start without that need to feed on every emotion around her in the city. She tried to keep her mind off of things as she asked if the blonde would be up for helping her unpack after they were done with the shop. It was more important for the teal-headed woman to make sure her shop was set up before her own apartment. The business would make her money while the apartment would just be her personal sanctuary. It could wait.

At her disappointing answer about the mystery man, Sunny turned her full attention to her best friend. She even hopped onto the counter crossing her legs shaking her head. "Wait, so he's not a boy toy or a boyfriend? That does not seem right from what I've been hearing about him." Then she rolled her eyes at Cici's description of this Tristan character. "Kind and smart sounds like boring with a side of more boring. You need to find yourself a nice dangerous bad boy. Maybe you'd make Tristan jealous and he'd get off his ass and make a move." She shrugged her shoulders like that made sense to her.

Sunshine blew some of her hair out of her face. "Never seen him outside of his shop? It sounds like he has issues. Does he even leave the shop? Oh, Cici, you are so lucky I've moved here. We can go out to Seattle, find you a guy, and you can forget about this mysterious hermit." She tilted her head to the side looking over at the sign tilting her head to the side. "Does that look straight to you?"

A part of her didn't see the attraction to kind and smart. She probably would nap if she had to go to dinner with them. Nice guys weren't her forte...and that was probably why she hadn't had any luck in the boyfriend department.

.pm..email.
^
Cici Alexander
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 03:32 PM
.quote.
Ceri ❣ Offline
art therapist
30 YEARS OLD
Inactive
54 POSTS

Cici just sighed and shrugged as Sunny seemed confused. As much as the artist would have liked to made it more clear, it would have had to have been cleared up to her first because she didn't know either. "I don't really know. I think he likes me, and I definitely flirt with him a lot. He invited me to dinner a couple times, including Valentines, but.... it just hasn't gone anywhere. He hasn't exactly made any moves and we haven't gone out since Valentines so..." It was really the weirdest situation she'd ever been in. She was positive that Tristan liked her and that the dinners had been dates, but yet nothing was happening. Maybe she'd been reading it all wrong.

Sunny's solution just got an exaggerated eye roll from her. "Except I don't want a bad boy, that bundle of poor decisions is all yours, babe." She gave Sunny a knowing look and went back to painting. "I'd rather have someone sweet and funny." Cici had dated guys more Sunny's type and she'd dated the overly serious office workers looking for an eccentric girlfriend, and she'd dated stoners and losers and every kind of guy you could think of but it was the sweet and funny ones that she remembered fondly.

She had to pause though when Sunny asked if Tristan ever left his shop. Had... had she ever seen Tristan outside of his store? She was trying to think if she'd seen him in passing at the grocery store or the diner or somewhere and she was coming up blank. "I honestly don't know." She responded, maybe a little concerned. The comment about Seattle got a look from her though as she gestured at Sunny with her paint brush. "We're going to go to Seattle and you're going to find ways to get me in trouble is what will happen." Cici chuckled.

Looking at the sign, Cici gave a nod. "Yeah, I think so." Maybe someone teller than her would think it was crooked but it looked okay from her position. "Maybe instead of my love life we should focus on yours, hmm? Find you a shy scholar to fall for." She giggled, knowing that Sunny wouldn't touch a guy like that even if he fell naked into her bed.

.pm..email.
^
Sunshine Delavan
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 07:42 AM
.quote.
Brinee ❣ Offline
owner of wicked wicks
26 YEARS OLD
Inactive
4 POSTS

Sunny listened as her friend tried to explain exactly what was going on with her and her bookish beau. The Siren had never really understood the need for romance and niceness. She did prefer the bad boys that might not call her in the morning when things were said and done. It was just easier because she was going to be living for a long time, and she didn't need anyone latching on just yet. That was unless she found a bad boy vampire or werewolf that wanted a piece of her. She certainly wouldn't mind that at all. That was also why she wanted to take her friend to Seattle. "I do live for bad decisions." She laughed. "Funny and sweet can be overrated when the guy doesn't make a move."

It worried her that Cici hadn't seen this guy leave his shop. What if there was something wrong with him? She didn't want anything happening to her and she'd look into things if she needed to especially to warn the guy off if he was leading her on. Sunshine couldn't stand when people led others on. In her book, it was much better to be upfront about what one wanted with the other. It's why she made it clear that things most likely would not go further than a night.

The blue haired woman tried to feign innocence as Cici commented exactly what Seattle would bring them. "You need some trouble. How long has it been since you got into trouble? Probably the last time you saw me which was forever." She pouted a little bit hoping to get Cici to agree. "You know you want to. We can have a few drinks and then we can call that boy and demand to know what his problem is." She nodded her head as if it was final. "Be ready at eight. I'll pick you up."

.pm..email.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| OPTIONS | | ADD REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

SKIN BY HANNAH OF SHINE & CAUTION. CFS BY BLACK.

Affiliates
RPG-DThe Games