WELCOME!

DAUS is an original supernatural genre forum RP with a murder mystery twist. There is no word count and we have a very easy freestyle app. Here we like to encourage creativity and member driven plots and offer a lot of freedom in terms of your characters and the stories you create. DAUS takes place in a small town outside of Seattle, WA called Cheshire near Tiger Mountain Park. It is currently:

March - May 2013
Guests

Feel free to poke around all you'd like, we'd love to have you join us. To answer a frequent question from the c-box, we are active. We are, however, a small site right now so there are times when no one is online. If you have questions and no one is around to answer them, leave them in the Suggestion Box forum and an admin will get to them later that day.

SHAPESHIFTER
8 male, 7 female
WEREWOLF
11 male, 12 female
SIREN
0 male, 4 female
HUNTER
1 male, 3 female
WITCH
13 male, 9 female
BANSHEE
5 male, 2 female
HUMAN
4 male, 5 female
BLOOD DOLL
3 male, 5 female
VAMPIRE
6 male, 5 female
GHOST
1 male, 0 female
  | ADD REPLY || NEW TOPIC |

» A new mate?, Tag: Lindsey
Tam Keli
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 08:05 AM
.quote.
Tam Keli
Shapeshifter
85 posts
19 years old
Student
© Alia
N/A

After The Things Friends do

Tam needed to get out of his apartment. Raine had left a few hours ago, it was still way too early to call home. Everywhere he went in his small place, he was smelling Raine and he couldn't stop the way his heart kept beating with it. He tried to sit on the couch, the couch Raine had slept on, to go through the stupid course catalog again. Tried to play a video game and tried to watch something but he was going mad.

Yesterday had been too emotional and maybe that was why he was feeling this oddly. He had confessed to a number of things and told more to Raine than he had anyone else. Hell, he hadn't told a soul before now about how upset he had been with his Dad.

He had to get out because it didn't seem to matter what he did. Figuring his hair was about due for a touch-up and he could probably use a few more little things, he grabbed his jacket and carefully headed out to the drug store.

Of course, it didn't help that shopping for dyes was frustrating as well. Having to make sure it was the same color as what he used before. At least it was a little more even now since Raine had helped the last time he needed a touch-up. But the color still wasn't totally even.

With a sigh and rubbing at his eye he walked over to someone he saw from the back. With long blond hair. "'Cuse me Mate? Can ya help me for a sec?" He asked. "Just was wondering if you could see the color number? Seemed ta have forgotten my glasses." He gave a wide smile that he didnt' really feel.

.pm.
^
Lindsey Nicholson
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 01:43 AM
.quote.
13 posts
19 years old
Stylist / Cosmetologist
© Kane
N/A

Lindsey's OUTFIT

This small town was taking a little getting used to. Having grown up in a big city, Denver, Lindsey was more used to a place like nearby Seattle than the little town of Cheshire. But he would make the best of it. He didn’t understand why really, but something had drawn him here and he had to believe it was for a reason. Otherwise what was the point of it all or even trying?

Lindsey stopped by the drug store after his last appointment to pick up a few things before going home. It was close to the salon and on the way back to his apartment. It was nothing important, just a few personal items and a particular nail polish (Passion Plum) that he really liked that they carried. He strode over to the hair product aisle after getting his nail polish.

Lindsey really like his naturally golden blonde hair, but had been toying with the idea of highlights. So he figured he might take a look at some products to give him a few highlights. He wasn’t sure if coloring his hair for it was the right thing to do and kind of wondered about some of the shampoos that claimed to give your hair natural highlights. Lindsey almost startled at the sudden words behind him. Turning around he found he was staring at top of a man’s chest and slowly raised his eyes to look up at the young man, half a foot taller than Lindsey. Lindsey smiled at the young man, kind of intrigued, it sounded like he had an Aussie accent. Wouldn’t that be kind of cool to be out here in this small town in the middle of nowhere and meet someone from Australia? Lindsey answered with his normally sultry and almost lyrical voice. “Of course Hun, I would be glad to help,” he said easily. “What number are you looking for?” he asked as he looked up at the man’s hair.

Lindsey let out a little gasp at the sight of his burgundy hair with the streaks of what looked like dark brown. “Oh sweetie!” he exclaimed reaching his small hands up towards the young man’s hair. “Who did this to you?” he asked as he ran his fingers lightly thru the young man’s hair looking at it with a professional eye. Lindsey shook his head for a moment with a slight frown. “Oh dear, we need to fix this,” he said followed by a slight tsk tsk sound. Lindsey was always friendly and just tended to be naturally helpful and kind hearted. All he could think about was helping this young man fix his hair. He would be so much cuter if the dye was done more even.

@Tam Keli
.pm..email..aim.
^
Tam Keli
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 09:30 AM
.quote.
Tam Keli
Shapeshifter
85 posts
19 years old
Student
© Alia
N/A

Of all the things Tam had to adapt to lately, small town living wasn't one of them. He was from a small town, though bigger than Cheshire. And while Auckland was bigger than Seattle, it didn't feel that way. Or maybe it was because he was very comfortable there and was still learning his way around Seattle. Either way, the size of Cheshire didn't bother him.

One of the things that made Tam laugh about American's was that those who didn't know assumed he had either an Aussie accent or, for reasons he didn't completely understand except 'accent that wasn't American', a British one. He thought he sounded perfectly Kiwi. The voice of the person he asked had an odd, lyrical voice.

Before he could really respond the person, Tam thought it was a man but wasn't sure, touched his hair and asking who did it to him. He pulled back quickly. "Bloody Hell mate!" He growled. Not used to people just touching his hair, and not really being comfortable with strangers touching him in the first place. "I just was asking for ya to give it a look. Not comment." He knew his hair wasn't as good as it could be. Raine had helped but his hair was so damn dark to start. Unlike Raine who was going from blond to dark, he had to bleach his and it didn't always come out evenly. Less if he did it himself.

"How you gonna fix it mate?" It was an odd response when all he wanted to know was if the color was the one he thought it was.

@Lindsey Nicholson
.pm.
^
Lindsey Nicholson
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 10:40 AM
.quote.
13 posts
19 years old
Stylist / Cosmetologist
© Kane
N/A

Lindsey couldn’t tell and wouldn’t know the difference between an Aussie and a Kiwi. They were all from ‘Down Under’ weren’t they? His own accent was pretty typical American, except that puberty never hit his voice. So he was left with that in between a boy and a woman’s voice. He couldn’t really sing, but his voice had always been fairly musical sounding, possibly from all the plays he was in during school.

Lindsey jerked back his hands when the large man seemed to get upset about being touched, growling at Lindsey and pulling back. Lindsey’s face got an almost frightened little girl expression. “I am SO sorry,” he said with just a hint of a tremor to his voice like he was going to cry. “I didn’t mean anything by it. Pleaseplease forgive me,” his voice quivered just a little more. All the sudden Lindsey just wanted to run away and hide. He was so embarrassed. “I will just tell you the number and leave you alone,” he said dejectedly and there was a bit of moisture forming in his eyes. Lindsey couldn’t help it. He was a very touchy person, touching people with his hands when he talked to them, hugging people hello and goodbye. “I just… I mean, I do hair for a living and just kind went right to my job mindset. I work at the salon in the shopping center,” he tried to explain. “I really didn’t mean to offend you, honestly I just wanted to help,” he told the dark haired man and wiped at an errant tear that started to run down his cheek.

Lindsey looked at the tall man and tried to pull himself back together. Lindsey shook his head. “I could, you know help color it. You just need some lighter highlights to offset the dark and instead of looking like streaks it would have a more natural appearance to it,” he tried to explain. Then deciding to take a chance Lindsey offered up more. “I could… I mean… You could… you know if you were interested,” Lindsey was feeling extra nervous and anxious now. “I have all the stuff except the for dye at my place. I have my beauty kits there. I would be more than willing, if you would let me, to make it up to you by helping to color your hair,” he offered sincerely. “If you told me the number you used, we could find the right number to go with it for the highlights and I would love to do your hair for you,” he suggested.

@Tam Keli
.pm..email..aim.
^
Tam Keli
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 12:21 AM
.quote.
Tam Keli
Shapeshifter
85 posts
19 years old
Student
© Alia
N/A

Tam had learned over the last few weeks that very few people in America could tell the difference between Kiwi and Aussie. Though he hadn't picked up on all the variaties of American accent either, except Texan. That was an accent he had known since birth. So he couldn't place this person's accent. He hadn't yet figured out if this was a male, a female or trans. He supposed it didn't really matter. He had some fa'afafine in his larger family.

Now it sounded like they were going to cry. He hadn't meant that. He just wasn't prepared for the hand in his hair and the very familar way he was touched. He couldn't figure it out. it was just a reaction and if this person regularly touched people's hair, then why was this a surprise?

But the thoughts were forgotten as his eyebrows shot up. "Aye?" He was grinning about the idea that this random stranger would happen to do hair. They looked close to the same age, and as much as Tam didn't want to do it, if worse came to worse he could always shift and run away.

"That'd be mean as if you could. I don't like that it came out so patchy but..." But there was little to be done and neither him nor Raine really knew enough to fix it or make it look better.

He held out his hand. "I'm Ty." He introduced himself with the name he was using here. Only Raine really knew that he was Tam. He was trying to get the other teen out of his thoughts and it just didn't seem to be working...so maybe having someone focused on something else would help.

Tam gave a nod. "Can ya really do it now? I don't wanna take up ya freetime. I mean I could pay ya a bit." It would be odd letting someone do his hair. it would require him to stay calm even when they were on his blind side with scissors. He thought he could do it and maybe he'd even make a friend besides Raine. He rattled off the numbers of the dye. "Do we need bleach too?" he asked.

@Lindsey Nicholson
.pm.
^
Lindsey Nicholson
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 02:18 AM
.quote.
13 posts
19 years old
Stylist / Cosmetologist
© Kane
N/A

Even though Lindsey was someone who touched other people a lot, he had not ever really had someone react so negatively before. He didn’t really have a lot of experience about it, because most of the time when he touched strangers it was mostly in the salon and they expected to be touched, otherwise it was mostly his friends, who were used to him being so touchy. So when the tall man growled at him he reacted emotionally. How embarrassing he thought to be crying in the middle of the store and over something so stupid as a misunderstanding.

Lindsey nodded. “Truthfully yes, I do hair. I like doing it,” he told the tall man. Lindsey was trying to not outright cry and definitely didn’t want to sniffle in front of the man. Pulling himself together would take a moment but as the tall man began to show interest in the idea, Lindsey gave him a weak smile in return to his grin.

Lindsey had to think for a moment to process what he said. ‘Be mean’ was a strange expression to him, but he figured it out, at least he hoped he had it figured out. He thought the tall man liked the idea that someone could fix his hair and make it look better. “I can. I can make it look better,” he said, trying to regain some of his confidence. Sometimes Lindsey got really shy around strangers, and running into a complete stranger in the drug store like this and talking with them was a bit out of the ordinary for him.

Lindsey reached out a very soft and delicately shaped hand to hold the tall man’s hand in greeting. He had to really struggle to hold back his wanting to hug the man the way he would normally greet a friend. “Lindsey,” he replied, his hand feeling small in the larger man’s strong hand. “Lindsey Nicholson. Pleased to meet you,” he said with smile in his sultry lyrical voice. After touching Ty's hand, Lindsey pushed his hair back behind his ear.

Lindsey smiled a bit bigger. This was something he really liked and could definitely do. “I just got off of work and I don’t… have any plans,” he said, with a pause, because he was about to say because he didn’t have any friends, at least not in this town. “No, no, you aren’t taking up my free time. I would like to do it,” he said, hoping Ty didn’t change his mind. It would be nice to not have to spend another night alone. Lindsey listened to the numbers and began to look thru the shelves to find what they needed. “Oh no, we don’t need to get any bleach. I have everything at home except for the colors you need,” he offered, hoping that would help encourage Ty to not change his mind.

Once they got the right dyes, Lindsey went up to the cashier with Ty, so they could pay for the things they each were getting. As they stood in line paying for their purchases Lindsey smiled at Ty. “Did you want to just follow me back to my place,” he began. “Or you could just ride with me,” he said with a hopeful expression on his face and in his voice. He really wanted to Ty to ride with him so they could continue to get to know each other. Ty seemed to be about the same age as Lindsey and it would be nice to have a friend in this town, especially one his own age.

@Tam Keli
.pm..email..aim.
^
Tam Keli
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 06:07 PM
.quote.
Tam Keli
Shapeshifter
85 posts
19 years old
Student
© Alia
N/A

Maybe if Tam had known Lindsey and he had reached out to touch Tam's hair, the reaction would have been different. But a stranger just grabbing handfuls of his hair, even if that was a total exaggeration, kind of shocked him.

He couldn't figure out why the teen was near tears. It had been Tam who was surprised. While Tam had learned to dial back the Kiwi slang around Raine, and a bit in general, when he got excited, it still came out. "Okay." He responded. The worst that happened was Lindsey turned out to be a killer, he couldn't shift, and he died. There were times that wasn't the worst outcome. At honestly? Tam was pretty sure he could take the smaller teen. It also seemed odd that anyone would be trying to pick up people to kill by promising to do their hair.

"Tyler Summers. Ty for short." He gave the full alas he had been using. "Nice ta meet ya bro." They had names, the word switched easier enough from Mate to Bro, though he knew plenty of kiwis that only used one or the other.

Tam had one friend in this town. Maybe two if you counted Quin who he hadn't met yet. So he understood not having a lot of plans. Right now, he still had to figure out what was going on between him and Raine. Not even sure who he could ask.

"Well who am I to say no." He said with a smile. Relaxing just a tad. "Oh, that's good. I can pay ya a bit if you want." Who knew how long this might take and it was still using Lindsey's time.

He frowned a moment when Lindsey asked about going to his place. "If ya don't mind, be easier to just go with you. I walked." He explained. He couldn't really drive and he was pretty used to walking anyway.

@Lindsey Nicholson
.pm.
^
Lindsey Nicholson
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 04:13 AM
.quote.
13 posts
19 years old
Stylist / Cosmetologist
© Kane
N/A

It would be a bit hard to explain to someone why Lindsey seemed to be so emotional lately. But he was having a rough time in this new town. From feeling like he had run into a string of bad luck like on his first day of work to the strange events that happened one night not long after he arrived in town. He still wasn’t sure what to think about that night. Those strange people out in the street screaming and the weird overwhelming urge that had torn a similar scream out of Lindsey. They were trying to tell him that he had some supernatural ability about murder and death. He didn’t understand and still wasn’t sure he wanted to. It was just all so much in such a short time. Lindsey just wanted to feel normal.

Lindsey was glad that Ty was coming around to the idea of Lindsey helping him with his hair. It would Lindsey feel like he was getting closer to back to normal. The way he spoke was kind of different, but a little fun in its own way. Something very different yet it also seemed to express whom this man was. Lindsey liked that.

Tyler Summers, the name had a familiar ring to it, as if Lindsey had heard it before, but he couldn’t remember anyone with that name, maybe it was just someone Lindsey had run into, like a store clerk or at the library or some place like that. Not that it really mattered; Ty was a neat name and made Lindsey smile. Though being called ‘bro’ would take some getting used to. Not many would have thought of Lindsey as the ‘Bro’ kind. It brought a small giggle to Lindsey that he tried to suppress.

Lindsey smiled, happy to be getting the chance. He missed when he used to hang out with his friends and do their hair and make up. It had been fun. He missed the girls he hung out with in High School, but they had all gone their own ways. Most of them went off to college and were still there; too busy studying to have much time for chatting or skyping with Lindsey.

Lindsey shook his head in the negative. “You don’t have to pay me, I mean I want to do this and it will be fun. Maybe later we can get a pizza delivered or something,” he suggested, preferring that maybe Ty would buy or pitch in on dinner. That would be more than enough and Lindsey was actually kind of looking forward to just meeting someone new and getting to know them.

Lindsey was happy with Ty’s answer. “That works out great. It will be so much easier if you just ride with me anyways. Then we can keep getting to know each other a bit on the way,” he said happily. As they walked outside the store after paying for their purchases Lindsey pointed out his purple car and headed over to it. He hadn’t bothered to lock the doors, in this small town there seemed little point.

At the car, Lindsey reached over to the passenger seat and grabbed up the binder that served as his stylebook and threw it in the back seat with his messenger bag and the bag from the store. Starting the car, he let it run for a moment and turned to Ty. Remembering that Ty had said in the beginning that he forgot his glasses, Lindsey volunteered, “Do you want to stop by your place and get your glasses on the way?”

@Tam Keli
.pm..email..aim.
^
Tam Keli
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 05:46 PM
.quote.
Tam Keli
Shapeshifter
85 posts
19 years old
Student
© Alia
N/A

Tam could understand the rough time in a new town. If he hadn't had Raine it would have been so much worse. He was dealing with his own very confusing emotions as well, and didn't know how to even expand to dealing with someone else's emotional issues.

Like Lindsey, he wanted to feel normal. He wasn't. But he desperately wanted to be normal. Hell, even Raine was a witch. But he didn't want to be the one with the bad eyes and the lost twin who couldn't stand to be his other self right now. He wanted to just be someone who didn't have to deal with it.

Bro literally didn't mean anything to Tam. He used the title except for those that were a bit closer, switching to Cuz though not all Kiwi's had even that distinction. He tended to keep Mates for a group.

No one had ever done his hair before, not like this. A trip to the barber and that was that. "PIzza sounds fine." He responded. He'd pay without asking. Because Lindsey was still taking the time to help him.

Of course, Lindsey had a purple car. He let out a bit of a chuckle sliding in."Alright, bro, where'd ya live?" He asked trying to lighten up a bit and forgetting about the odd flutter he had when he thought about Raine.

It took him a beat as Lindsey asked about the glasses. He didn't want to have to go through the whole explanation and story again. To see the look when he said he was poisoned, that he lost his sight. Instead, he shook his head. "Yeah Nah Bro. We can go."

He sat back for a moment. "Where ya from?"

@Lindsey Nicholson
.pm.
^
Lindsey Nicholson
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 11:46 AM
.quote.
13 posts
19 years old
Stylist / Cosmetologist
© Kane
N/A

Lindsey smiled. This was shaping up to possibly be one of the best nights he had since coming to the small town. He would get to help out this nice man, doing hair which he really liked doing, and have someone to talk to and spend time with. He wouldn’t have to be alone tonight.

Lindsey loved purple, it was one of his favorite colors and he knew the moment he saw this car that it would be the right one for him. Plus it kind of stood out in a parking lot because there were not a lot of purple cars around usually. “Not far, I have an apartment, kind of a duplex really, a few blocks from Main Street,” he explained. “Though I guess no where in town is really that far is it?” he asked with a girlish giggle. He didn’t mind small towns when they were friendly places, but Lindsey was used to a much larger city.

Lindsey smiled at Ty when he said they didn’t need to go his glasses. “Are you sure? I mean its no trouble,” he offered. Lindsey didn’t care either way; he was trying to be nice. He didn’t really know why for sure, but Lindsey couldn’t stop smiling. Maybe it was just because for once he wouldn’t have to be alone. He might just have found a chance to make a friend.

Pulling out of the parking lot and turning onto the road, Lindsey turned down the radio that had been left on, so they could talk. He was glad to have someone to talk to. “Denver originally. I grew up and went to school there. We lived on the border of Aurora, that’s a suburb of Denver. Though our house was actually still in the Denver city limits,” he began. “After high school when most of my friends went off to college I went to beauty school. I have always loved doing hair and make up. Me and my friends used to have sleepovers and play with different styles of hair and make up. It was a lot of fun and I knew that doing hair was what I wanted to do after high school,” he told Ty.

Normally Lindsey was rather shy and quiet around people he didn’t know. But he had been rather lonely lately; especially with all the weird things those people had told him. So he found himself wanting to talk and just have a normal conversation like he did when he was back home with his friends. He would give most anything for a night of just normal. Maybe he would even be lucky and there wouldn’t be any dreams tonight either.

So are you from Australia?” Lindsey asked, not wanting to assume. After all he could have been born here and he just picked up the accent because that was were his family was from. Lindsey turned down Main and headed to the other end where his place was.

@Tam Keli
.pm..email..aim.
^
Tam Keli
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 04:40 PM
.quote.
Tam Keli
Shapeshifter
85 posts
19 years old
Student
© Alia
N/A

Tam was avoiding dealing with other things. Having Lindsey distract him, by evening out his hair, by just having someone else around his own age, it would be good. He had a few other mates back home, more than just one. Even though most of their mates had become that via Tane, it felt odd to just have Raine. He had been the more introverted twin always, but with Tane it rarely had been a problem.

"The town is heaps small as." Tam responded. Then giving a slight eye roll remembering where he was. "Very small." He corrected. Not that he should talk. His home was pretty small but in a different way. His parents had a lot of space because of his mom's work on animals and because of what they were. Since foxes were almost unknown in New Zealand. But they went to Auckland regularly and that was huge compared to Cheshire or even Seattle.

"It's all good, bro. Promise." He didn't have glasses. The only time reading glasses helped was if his right eye was starting to go blurry and even then they barely did much. Since the structure of his eyes were fine.

Tam listened as Lindsey explained where he was from. "Colorado, aye?" He asked to be sure. He kind of knew the states but besides Texas and Washington and California didn't always remember how they were connected. Not that he expected anyone to know that Auckland was on the North Island and was the largest city.

But he shifted a little, listening to how Lindsey had it all planned out and he still had no idea what class he even wanted to try. He hadn't even had an idea back home of what he wanted to do. Something with animals maybe? He and Tane had talked since they were thirteen about taking a gap year and traveling while they figured it out. He got his gap year, but it was spent either in a hospital or dealing with rehab. Not exactly what he had planned.

He let out a bit of a chuckle when Lindsey asked if he was from Australia. "Well, that's complicated Bro, but nah, I ain't Aussie. I'm a Kiwi, though my fam moved just outside of Perth couple of years back." He explained. He considered himself Kiwi and Samoan. Even though he guessed he was American as well. "I reckon, ta get technical, I'm also American." He rolled his eyes with another little chuckle. "My Ma is from Texas but I've never been." It was way too pricey to fly five people from Auckland. After whatever happened to keep his mom in New Zealand, she only went back maybe twice in his life.

He didn't bother explaining the Samoan part. Some Americans had some idea, from the so-called Footie they played but most didn't. "Why Cheshire?" He asked suddenly. Why didn't Lindsey move to a bigger city like Seattle?

@Lindsey Nicholson
.pm.
^
Lindsey Nicholson
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 12:44 AM
.quote.
13 posts
19 years old
Stylist / Cosmetologist
© Kane
N/A

Lindsey giggled softly with how Ty tried to say it was small. “I got it. You talk kind of different, but you don’t have to change how you talk for me,” he told the man in the passenger seat. “I think people should just be themselves. Also I think it is kind of neat,” he smiled and gave Ty a wink. “Brings a smile to my face and that is always a good thing,” he said with a happy little lilt to his voice.

Lindsey didn’t mind but he wasn’t going to push it. If Ty said he didn’t need his glasses that was fine. “Okay, if you are sure that is fine. We’ll just head over to my place,” he said easily. Lindsey liked to think that he was a pretty easygoing person and could just roll with things. Though with what he was being told about what he was, he was finding it harder to just roll with the idea of the world of the supernatural being real.

Lindsey nodded and gave the short answer to Ty asking about the state. “Yup,” he agreed. Geography had never been Lindsey’s strong suit either. He knew the basics, such as places like Germany were in Europe and that China was in Asia below Russia, those kind of simple ones. But he couldn’t tell you anything about those places or know what cities were where.

Lindsey was a little confused; he didn’t know what kiwi meant. “A kiwi? Isn’t that a fruit?” he asked trying not to giggle at the thought of Ty being a fuzzy fruit. “I mean I am not trying to make fun or anything, I just never heard of a Kiwi person,” he added hoping he didn’t upset Ty. Lindsey gave a little exclamation. “I’ve been to Texas once,” he told the other man.

The summer before my junior year of high school my parents took me to San Antonio. We spent a lot of time down on the river walk and of course Dad just had to see the Alamo,” he told Ty. “I have to admit me and mom had more fun shopping in all the little shops along the river walk. But it was nice to share the time and see Dad’s enthusiasm for history even if I am not really into that,” he explained. “We even went and saw a rodeo while we were there. That was fun too. I love horses,” he added. “Does your mom live in Texas now?” Lindsey asked wondering that had anything to do with how Ty ended up here in Cheshire.

After Ty asked about why he was in Cheshire, Lindsey stopped smiling for a moment and took the next turn off of Main Street. He was quiet for a moment. “I… well… its kind of crazy sounding. Maybe not the best story for making new friends,” he replied to Ty with his voice getting a bit softer. Then trying to not bring down the mood, he added, “I mean, I wouldn’t want to scare you off so soon after just meeting you,” he said and tried to smile, though it was a little weak.

@Tam Keli
.pm..email..aim.
^
Tam Keli
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 05:49 AM
.quote.
Tam Keli
Shapeshifter
85 posts
19 years old
Student
© Alia
N/A

"All English Bro." Tam pointed out. And he shrugged about not having to change how he talked. Lindsey might think that but he knew how hard it could be for others to understand all the Kiwi slang. Sometimes even Aussies had problems understanding him.

Tam had a bit more idea of European and Asian countries and some cities. Part of it was him and Tane planning out their gap year and some of it was just New Zealand had more ties to Europe and some of it was just that was where all their mates talked about visiting.

He managed a chuckle as Lindsey asked if he was a kiwifruit. "Not even bro. Kiwifruit is the little, green, fuzzy one. I'm a Kiwi. From New Zealand." He grinned. "I was born and mostly raised just outside of Auckland" He explained, not that he expected Lindsey to have any idea where Auckland was.

"Never been myself. Think she is from Houston?" He ran a hand through his hair with a bit of an embarrassed shrug. "None of her fam is there anymore." He didn't know exactly why. His mum just shut down whenever he asked. "Nah. Mum and Dad and my sis are all in Perth now. That's Aussie bro."

He cocked his head, listening to Lindsey kind of put off the why. Chewing his lip for a moment in thought. "Well me comin' here wasn't exactly my choice, bro. My mum reckoned it would be choice, aye. Reckoned I was packing a sad. Said I had a cuz here, and a fam friend, packed me up an' here I am, eh." Well Lindsey said he didn't mind all the slang so he figured it was an easy test. Telling him just enough without revealing the rest of what happened. Why he had been in a funk. Not bringing up the college issue either or he chose to come here over his other options. Not that either would have been better.

@Lindsey Nicholson
.pm.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| OPTIONS | | ADD REPLY || NEW TOPIC |

skin by jae/nicole (i, ii, iii, iv, v). mini profile by jae/nicole.
Affiliates
RPG-DX-Men/Avengers RoleplayLochland GroveThe Games