WELCOME!

DAUS is an original supernatural genre forum RP with a murder mystery twist. There is no word count and we have a very easy freestyle app. Here we like to encourage creativity and member driven plots and offer a lot of freedom in terms of your characters and the stories you create. DAUS takes place in a small town outside of Seattle, WA called Cheshire near Tiger Mountain Park. It is currently:

March - May 2013
Guests

Feel free to poke around all you'd like, we'd love to have you join us. To answer a frequent question from the c-box, we are active. We are, however, a small site right now so there are times when no one is online. If you have questions and no one is around to answer them, leave them in the Suggestion Box forum and an admin will get to them later that day.

SHAPESHIFTER
8 male, 7 female
WEREWOLF
11 male, 12 female
SIREN
0 male, 4 female
HUNTER
1 male, 3 female
WITCH
13 male, 9 female
BANSHEE
5 male, 2 female
HUMAN
4 male, 5 female
BLOOD DOLL
3 male, 5 female
VAMPIRE
6 male, 5 female
GHOST
1 male, 0 female
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) | ADD REPLY || NEW TOPIC |

» All of Me
Andromeda Rhodes
 Posted: Jul 3 2017, 06:04 AM
.quote.
106 posts
154 years old
paramedic
© Ceri
A shot in the dark A past lost in space Where do I start? The past and the chase You hunted me down Like a wolf, a predator I felt like a deer in love lights

Andy had waited until Jax had left. She was happy for Travis, that he'd been able to work out some things with his best friend. She knew that not all the wounds were healed and that some of them would take more time than others... but she could almost see that Travis was less burdened now than he had been. He stood a little taller and some of the darkness in his eyes had vanished.

Hearing his story though, listening to the man she loved air all his pains and hardships... it had spoken to a deep part of her and Andy didn't want to hide any part of herself from him, knowing exactly what he was to her. Once the other man had left, supposedly to go back to tell Jack about their plans for the full moon or perhaps just back to Surry, Andy walked aver to Travis and wrapped her arms around his waist from behind to hug him. Resting her cheek in the hollow between his shoulder blades, Andy let out a soft sigh.

"I want t' tell y' a story..."

Kissing the top of his shoulder, Andy slipped her arms from him and went over to sit on the bed, patting the spot right next to her. "Sit with me?" Once he was sitting down, her hand found his instantly, taking strength from him. She wanted to tell him about her but talking about herself like this wasn't something she was used to. Cole was the only one who knew who she was and where she'd come from because he'd been there.

How the words were playing in her head were so.... cheesy, but she thought to how Travis had reacted to hearing her full name, how her parents and pack had referred to her as a child, and the narrative almost seemed fitting. Travis, she thought, would at least enjoy it perhaps.

"There was once a princess who lived by the sea. Her kingdom was not large, but in her imagination it was as vast as the whole world, and she wanted to explore it all. The princess was a treasure to her parents, the only child they had managed to conceive and she was beautiful, with eyes as green as the hills she loved to climb and hair like fire, as bright and fierce as her temper and passion."

"The princess loved her parents and the people of her kingdom. She was surrounded by friends and happy. One child in particular she loved above all the rest. She was the princess's best friend and they did everything together. She never knew what it was like to have a sister, but she had wished that Mae could be her sister. Mae wasn't as brave as the princess, but the princess was born a leader and she'd convinced Mae to adventure with her in the barn. It was dangerous, but the princess was confident and had played in the rafters dozens of times in her seven years. She insisted Mae follow her... and she did. She tried, but as Mae reached for the princess.... she fell." Andy had to pause, swallowing the lump in her throat. "And Mae died."

"The princess climbed down as quickly as she could, but it was too late for Mae.... and it was too late for her. You see, the kingdom was cursed, though they didn't see it that way. Those who had woken their wolf spirit by taking a life - unintentionally or not - were cursed to change once a month into a beast. It didn't matter that the princess was so young, too young to handle the sudden explosion of senses, emotions, and pain. The curse does not care if you are ready or not. It only is."

"Though her parents were proud to have a wolf would would be stronger, faster, and better than those around her... the rest of the kingdom were cautious around her and the children that were once her friends feared her. She was alone in a sea of people and loneliness consumed her without Mae there. With Mae's blood on her hands." Andy hadn't noticed the lone tear that had escaped the corner of her eye.

"Stories of the princess spread; of her beauty and her power and the potential that she held. The rival kingdom was worried about what this meant for their future and they acted out of fear, summoning monsters to kill the princess and anyone who tried to protect her." Andy didn't even know if Travis realized that vampires were also real, but that had been what had attacked her pack and inevitably killed her family.

@Travis Blackburn
.pm..email.
^
Travis Blackburn
 Posted: Jul 3 2017, 07:22 AM
.quote.
151 posts
31 years old
Park Ranger
© Kane
N/A

Mmmm, I love you,” Travis told Andy. He didn’t think he would ever get tired of saying that, it felt so right. He loved the feel of her wrapping her arms around his waist and hugging him. Hearing her sigh against his back though, he worried. “Why so great a sigh my love?” he asked his voice filled with concern. After all of the emotions of the morning and the fight with Jackson, he was worried that something was wrong with Andy. Did he say something he shouldn’t have? He didn’t have any secrets from her not really. There were only just some things that they hadn’t gotten around to talking about yet.

"I want t' tell y' a story..."

“Sit with me?” Travis looked at Andy with a bit of concern and deep abiding love in his eyes. “Of course,” he replied moving to sit next to her on the bed. When Andy reached for his hand, he moved his closest arm around her to hold her close while holding her hand with his other one. “What ever it is, you can tell me. It will be okay,” he tried to reassure the love of his life.

Travis listened to her story. How fitting he thought, he did think of Andy as a princess, his Gaelic queen. Even by the opening, Travis knew who the princess was of course, who else but his fiery haired angel could be described as such. When Andy described only being 7 when her best friend died, Travis thought it would break his heart. He hugged Andy. She was so young to witness such an accident. He wanted to say something, something to reassure and make her feel better, but didn’t want to interrupt her. Having just gotten things off of his chest he understood that she was trying to do the same and just needed to get it all out.

As Andy described the fear of the other children and being lonely, he reached out to gently and tenderly wipe the tear from her cheek. As she continued he squeezed her hand reassuringly. Travis pulled Andy tightly against him as she talked of monsters coming to kill everyone. He wasn’t sure how this story was going to end, but she was here now, with him, the man who loved her. He reached up to guide and encouraged her to lay her head on him. “Shhhh, you don’t have to finish if you don’t want too. I know how painful it can be to relive and bring up the past,” he told her earnestly. “I love you no matter what and will always be here for you,” he reassured her.

@Andromeda Rhodes
.pm..email..aim.
^
Andromeda Rhodes
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 09:59 AM
.quote.
106 posts
154 years old
paramedic
© Ceri
A shot in the dark A past lost in space Where do I start? The past and the chase You hunted me down Like a wolf, a predator I felt like a deer in love lights

Pulled into Travis, Andy just smiled softly as he tried to comfort her. It was still so odd to have someone so dedicated to protecting her and taking away her pain, but Andy was slowly learning to just let it happen. It was Travis' nature to protect those he cared for, even from something as small as a broken heart. "I'm okay. I just... Y're the only person I've ever told all this too. I didn't expect it t' hurt so much after all these years." Andy sighed a little, taking in warmth from his embrace before straightening up again. "Where was I..."

Right. The monsters. "The monsters came in the night, attacking the Princess' kingdom and killing any who dared t' stand against them. The Princess had learned how t' fight and was able t' take out several by herself, but there were too many and she soon found herself surrounded and in dire straits." Andy had heard of vampires before that night but had never really thought they existed until she was faced with them. Her bow had worked well.... against the ones that she could hit. Many of them were simply too fast though.

"Having watched the King and Queen fall and all those around her killed, the Princess' will faltered and her fighting spirit was snuffed out. She was ready t' give herself t' death's embrace as one of the monsters grabbed her throat." In that moment she swore she could almost still feel those cold fingers clamping around her neck, cutting off her airway. "Fate, or perhaps just luck, interveined in that moment and a brave knight found her and slayed the monters threatening her life. Y' see the knight was traveling the lands and had overheard the evil plot, and traveling as fast as he could to get t' the kingdom had hoped t' warn them but arrived only in time t' save the Princess herself."

"His name was Colton Rhodes, and with nowhere else t' turn, the Princess agreed to travel with him. For many months the Princess fell into a deep depression, she lashed out against the Knight, angry that he'd let her live. It took a long time and much patience before the Princess started to find herself again and the two traveling companions were able to build a deep and complicated friendship." She wasn't sure Travis would make the connection, that Andy had taken Cole's name after she started traveling with him. With her own family gone, it had been too painful at the time to use her family name.

"As she aged, the Princess with no kingdom separated from the Knight. He wanted to settle down and become King but she was scared and couldn't risk losing everything again. So she wandered. She would settle down in a land for a year or three and move on to the next and ever patient with her, the Princess's Knight would ask her every ten years if she would come live in his kingdom and regardless of how much she yearned to belong, she always told him no." Cole had tried so hard to get her to come to Cheshire and be his Beta. Even after finding Margot he still wanted her to at least join the pack but she'd always been too damn stubborn. Now.... now she almost regretted not being here to stop what happened.

"Many years passed, many letters exchanged between the two old friends and when the Princess thought she might finally tell him yes, she received word the King had gone missing. So she moved to his kingdom and became Queen. When they found him, he was broken....and she hoped to save him like he'd once saved her...." Andy went quiet and shook her head sadly. They'd found Cole, he'd been arrested on false charges, let out, and then.... well, none of them knew where he was now. He'd run, and Andy couldn't help but have the terrible feeling that something had happened to him; that whoever had killed Gemma might have tracked him down. "Not all fairytales can have happy endings though..." Andy said sadly, leaning over to rest her head on his chest again.

@Travis Blackburn
.pm..email.
^
Travis Blackburn
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 07:57 AM
.quote.
151 posts
31 years old
Park Ranger
© Kane
N/A

It felt very special, being the only person Andy had ever told. Travis loved that they were getting closer and she could trust him with her story. Travis tenderly kissed Andy’s head. “It okay, I am here with you and it is all over. That is the past and we will make a better future together,” he reassured the woman he loved. “It is okay, just let it all out so you can finally let go of it,” he told her lovingly, his voice soft and full of emotion. He hated to see Andy going thru the pain of reliving her past. But having just let out his own dark feelings and pain from his past, he knew that it might help his fiery angel if she can get it all out and move past it now.

Travis was completely fascinated with Andy’s story. He was rapt with attention; the rest of the world didn’t exist at the moment, as he was transported back in time to when Andy was young. His heart beat in excitement as the Princess fought the monsters. He was so caught up in the story, he couldn't help the gasp that came with hearing the plight of the Princess and the monster grabbing her throat. It was almost like some fairy tale, though Travis knew it was real, he knew now that monsters were real, and that his beloved had faced such horror in her real life.

Travis let out the breath he didn’t realize he was holding in a relieved sigh as Andy described the knight coming to her rescue. He was totally wrapped up in her story. He could understand her lashing out at being saved and still living. He felt that way about Jared, his older brother. But there was something about the name of the knight, Colton Rhodes. Something Travis should remember, but at the moment he was too caught up in Andy’s story to put the pieces together. He almost couldn’t comprehend the years she spent wandering, to have the offer every 10 ten years made it sound like such a long time of being alone. “You don’t have to ever wander alone like that again,” Travis couldn’t help telling the Princess. “I will be by your side thru thick and thin. I seek no kingdom to settle, only the love of my Gaelic Queen,” he told her sincerely.

The knight gone missing and when found was a broken man. It was a sad end to her tale for sure. But Travis was not quite the sad ending kind of man. He had read too many of his sister’s romance novels. The girl always got the man in those books and found true love. As Andy laid her head on his chest Travis hugged her and kept her wrapped in his arms. He tenderly kissed the top of her head. “But this tale can have a happy ending, at least for the Queen,” he told her softly. “She doesn’t have to be alone and she has the love of a good and understanding man,” he assured her.

There were a few things nagging at the back of Travis’ mind though. He remembered why the knight’s name sounded familiar now. The local sheriff had been accused and put in jail for killing his wife. The sheriff’s name had been Rhodes too. Travis reached down to lift Andy’s chin so she would look at him. He kissed her tenderly and softly on the lips. “Andy did you take Colton’s name because you were married to him in the past?” he asked softly, though there was a bit of concern in his voice, his eyes held nothing but love for the woman he still held in his arms. She had said before that there was another man she had loved, but that it hadn’t worked out. Now that made more sense if that was the Sheriff Rhodes. That Andy came to Cheshire for Colton. Travis preferred to not think that she might still be married to the man.

Travis looked deeply into Andy’s eyes, his own filled with the strong love he had for her. No matter what, that wouldn’t change. But he did want to know the truth; he wanted to know everything he could about his beloved. “I know it may seem hard or that you may not want to tell me, but I really do want to know all about you and the life you have led. Even if you think it will be painful for me to hear,” he explained to her. He felt that he needed to understand about Colton and what that relationship was now. Travis was not normally the jealous type, but he loved Andy with all of his heart and hoped that he was the only one in her heart. With a slight chuckle trying to lighten the mood just a little, he told her, “I am a big boy after all.”

@Andromeda Rhodes
.pm..email..aim.
^
Andromeda Rhodes
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 06:43 AM
.quote.
106 posts
154 years old
paramedic
© Ceri

Andromeda smiled as he pulled her in and kissed the top of her head. "Y're right. The Queen found her White Knight fallen in the woods and they fell deeply in love with one another." Though, she almost wanted to point out to him, it wasn't a happy ending for them. Their lives together were just beginning.

As he took her chin and kissed her though, Andy wasn't expecting the question he asked her. It was fair, she could see how he came to that conclusion, and he deserved to know exactly what her relationship with Cole was (if she could even describe it). "No... no, not because of that." Andy smiled, resting her hand over his heart. "I loved Cole. That's true. And maybe he even loved me back but.... ours was always a complicated relationship. It blurred the lines between familial, friendship, and romantic t' the point I don't really have a word t' describe it."

She thought back to all the times traveling together where there would be a moment, a spark between them and she thought something would happen. Even recently after finding him again after Gemma's death, there had been something still there as they'd held each other but.... that was all there had ever been. "We never..... there were a lot of 'almosts' and 'maybes' but nothing ever happened between us."

She sighed a little, "I took his name because after losing my family it was just too painful t' use my own. Plus, I was only a teenager and traveling alone with an older man. It was much simpler t' take his name and pretend we were related. Plus, with the time period, it was much easier t' go around sounding like I was of English decent than Irish." It was the easiest option to them at the time and the name had served her well over the years. She never regretted shedding her past as it were, Andy much preferred to look to the future and focus on the present.

@Travis Blackburn
.pm..email.
^
Travis Blackburn
 Posted: Jul 30 2017, 01:50 AM
.quote.
151 posts
31 years old
Park Ranger
© Kane
N/A

Travis smiled; yes the Queen had found a new Knight who truly loved her. It was a happy ending to the old story, but a new beginning for a new life. “I know it is just the beginning of our relationship, but I am happy enough now to let the future just take care of itself,” he told her straight from the heart. Travis wasn’t really familiar with just how long lived the werewolves could be, but even knowing that, it would probably only reinforce his determination and dedication to loving Andy for the rest of his life, however long that may be.

Travis listened to Andy as she tried to explain her relationship with Cole. It sounded a lot like she loved Cole, but the timing kept being off. It did leave a small doubt in the back of the Travis’ mind. If the timing became right, things lined up better, would Andy still love him? Did she feel deep enough for Cole that she would leave him to be with the man who had saved her life and been such a big part of her life for so long? “Almost and maybes, that kind of sounds like you still love him, but just couldn’t get the timing worked out,” he said softly, almost afraid of the answer, but like he had told her, he wanted to know the truth. “He has been a part of your life for a long time and your love has lasted for a very long time based on your story, despite what ever else might happen or how long it has been. After all you came here, to Cheshire for Cole.”

That makes sense, taking his name to cover appearances back then,” Travis agreed. “Old habits huh, if the name fits, keep on using it until it no longer works,” he said with a slight nervous sounding chuckle. Thoughts of Andy taking his name crossed his mind, would she want to take his name or had she gotten so used to using Cole’s name that it wouldn’t feel right to take Travis’ name. Then another strange thought occurred to Travis. There seemed to be a lot of authority, rules, and traditions based on the fact that Andy was the Alpha of a pack. Did those traditions mean Travis would be expected to take her name instead of the other way around? Which brought his next question. “Ah, I don’t mean to bring up painful memories but what was your family name? I mean before taking Cole’s name.”

@Andromeda Rhodes
.pm..email..aim.
^
Andromeda Rhodes
 Posted: Jul 30 2017, 07:25 PM
.quote.
106 posts
154 years old
paramedic
© Ceri

Travis' assumptions about the situation between Andy and Cole weren't completely wrong. There was much of it that was contributed to timing, but she was sure that much of it had been Cole himself, too afraid to indulge in those feelings and what they might change between them. Now with losing his mate, Andy was sure that nothing would break through to him in that ever again. She'd accepted a long time ago that there might never be anything between them, that she'd never know if it was just a fantasy born out of familiarity or if there was something real.

"It's... complicated. I'll always love Cole in some fashion, but I never gave him my heart." She'd always been guarded, never full falling for anyone to avoid getting hurt until her heart went and waltzed into Travis' hands before she even knew what had happened. She could sense the unease in him, and she didn't want there to be any. He had no reason to worry about Cole. "Does it bother y'? Travis, what I felt for Cole doesn't hold a candle t' how I feel for y'. I only want t' be with y'." She promised him, hand resting on the side of his face.

Travis was her mate, she had no questions about that. It was just fact. She'd never thought that about Cole, she'd never really been sure exactly what it was that she'd felt for him. With Travis though, she knew with every part of her that she loved him more than anything in the world. She knew he was far too good for her and that she'd spend her whole life living up to his image of the radiant Gaelic queen if it made him happy.

Andy should have known it was coming when she had brought up her name, but she had still thought maybe he would bother to ask. It didn't bring up painful memories, not anymore, though she was acutely aware just how very Irish it all sounded. "Y' can't make fun, alright?" She smiled at him, "My full name is Andromeda Maebh Ó Ceallaigh." Another secret that now only Travis knew.

@Travis Blackburn
.pm..email.
^
Travis Blackburn
 Posted: Jul 31 2017, 04:00 AM
.quote.
151 posts
31 years old
Park Ranger
© Kane
N/A

It’s… complicated…” that was not really very reassuring sounding to Travis. It had the ring of yes, she loved another and Travis wouldn’t understand. While the term of not having her heart was something Travis understood, there wasn’t a whole lot of difference between loving someone and giving them your heart. It hurt to hear the woman he loved say she loved another too and that she always would.

Does it bother y’?” Travis couldn’t lie to the woman he loved. He was an honest man and he would be as honest with Andy as he was with his little sister. “I won’t lie to you, EVER. Yes… there is a ache in my heart to know you love another… still,” he told her with his heart in his throat like a giant lump. He didn’t even want to acknowledge the growl the wolf in him made at the thought of another sniffing around his mate. It raised the hackles of the wolf in him without even thinking about it.

Travis pressed his face against Andy’s hand and moved his head slightly to rub against it. “There has never been anyone before you and I shall NEVER love another. There is only you, now and forever,” he proclaimed to Andy, his heart ready to burst with the love he felt for the woman before him. “No matter what may come, that will never change. There will only ever be you in my heart.” She would forever be his fiery haired angel, the Gaelic Queen of his heart and the possessor of his soul. It was an old romantic novel trope, the idea of a soul mate. Travis wasn’t really sure he ever believed that part to be real. But now he knew beyond a doubt, there was such a thing and Andy was his one and only true soul mate.

"Y' can't make fun, alright?"

Travis cocked his head, his curiosity peeking at Andy’s words. “Never,” he assured her. Travis tried to say Andy’s real name, “Andromeda Mob O Callay” but he was struggling a little bit with it. It had such a Gaelic flow and ring to it, it just didn’t sound right coming out of his Americanized British mouth. “I am sorry I don’t mean to butcher it,” he said. “But thank you. I know it might not seem like much, but it means a lot that you would trust me with it,” he said earnestly feeling honored that she would entrust him with it.

Travis raised an eyebrow suddenly. He was rather well read and had read a story back in college about Cuchulainn, ‘The Hound of Ulster’, he had always like the tales of the Irish hero. Travis looked at Andy with a smile coming to his face. “Wait a minute, like in Maev the Queen of Connacht? The one who was responsible for the Cattle Raid?” he asked curiously. “You are named after both a Princess and a Queen?

@Andromeda Rhodes
.pm..email..aim.
^
Andromeda Rhodes
 Posted: Aug 21 2017, 06:10 PM
.quote.
106 posts
154 years old
paramedic
© Ceri

Andy bit her lower lip a little. Where Travis saw no difference between love and giving ones heart, Andy did. She had felt different forms of love for a great many people over the years. As old as she was she knew that not all love was romantic. Cole, had drifted in and out of romance, but she'd never trusted him with her heart. That honor belonged only to Travis.

She had hoped that would be enough to ease his thoughts but it was growing clear to her that he might never be okay with the idea she'd once loved Cole. Andy could only hope that it wasn't something he'd dwell on too much. After all, she couldn't see Cole ever coming back to this town, let alone ever professing feelings for her. "Then I guess I'll have t' spend forever showing y' that y're the only one I ever want t' be in my heart." She said softly, a little sad that there was even a chance he might question her love for him.

Hearing Travis pronounce her name caused Andy to both laugh and cringe a bit in response. "Y' were....well not all that close. But y' tried." She knew it wasn't the easiest of pronunciations. The only reason she'd given him the full Gaelic name rather than the more modernized version of it all was only because she knew he'd want to know it.

Though, his knowledge about Queen Maev surprised her more than it perhaps should have. Not a lot of people read up on old Irish folklore she'd discovered. "Y' actually know that story?" Andy grinned a bit. "Ah yeah. My parents obviously expected great things from me." She joked. "The way my gran told it was that my name was supposed t' be Maebh but a trio of travelers came and stayed with our pack about a month before I was born and taught my mum about the stars and their stories and when she heard the name 'Andromeda' she just fell in love with it." In all honesty, Andy much preferred her name over the possibility of going through her long life named 'Maebh'. "I was their miracle child so they didn't want to risk saving it for another girl and not getting t' use it."

@Travis Blackburn
.pm..email.
^
Travis Blackburn
 Posted: Aug 31 2017, 02:48 AM
.quote.
151 posts
31 years old
Park Ranger
© Kane
N/A

"Then I guess I'll have t' spend forever showing y' that y're the only one I ever want t' be in my heart."

Travis smiled a bit sheepishly. He loved Andy, nothing could ever change that, he cared so much that it was painful. He had never felt this way before and the closeness of the coming moon was only intensifying those feelings. It was the thought of losing her that made him question her about Cole originally. No matter whether she loved the other man or not, it would never change how he felt about his Gaelic Queen. He knew he would follow her around for the rest of his life, whether she wanted it or not. “Even should he return, I am afraid you might find it hard to chase me off now,” he teased, trying to make light of his childish worries. The wolf in him though had other feelings. The wolf seemed to believe that with the coming change it would cement them as mates. The wolf in him believed that wolves mated for life.

Travis grinned like a little boy. “I never was very good with names,” he chuckled. “But I did want to know, whether I can say it or not,” he added with a wink. It made Travis feel closer to Andy, to know this part of her that he imagined few others knew. To him it was kind of an intimate thing, the sharing of names. For some reason, there seemed to be importance in names, real names, not the ones that people picked at random. It was not something he completely understood, but it was just something he seemed to intuitively know.

Travis grinned, “Yeah I know the story. I read it back in the first years of college and loved it. In fact, Cuchulainn, ‘The Hound of Ulster’, was a favorite of mine. I thought he was such the hero.” Travis listened to how Andy’s name came about. “And I thought my name was rather unique being named Winchester,” he chuckled. He looked at Andy his eyes filled with love and adoration for his fiery angel. “I love it, so traditional and yet so noble and perfect for the ‘Miracle’ woman who saved my life and captured my heart,” he smiled.

@Andromeda Rhodes
.pm..email..aim.
^
Andromeda Rhodes
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 09:11 AM
.quote.
106 posts
154 years old
paramedic
© Ceri

That seemed about right. He had to just to see if he could. "My middle name is pronounced more like Maeve, but with the 'v' sound much softer. Y' weren't too off on my family name...I think in common Irish they've simplified it t' Kelly or something similar." She wasn't sure she could ever pronounce it as simply as that, she preferred the more lyrical sound of its proper pronunciation, but she supposed she never used it enough to worry. Rhodes had been her name for over a century now and she wasn't sure she'd ever go back to her family name.

“I love it, so traditional and yet so noble and perfect for the ‘Miracle’ woman who saved my life and captured my heart,”

Shaking her head as she laughed, Andy couldn't help but tease him some more. "We need t' get y' t' broaden y' reading more than fairytales and romance novels." Despite the joking though, she still reached up and pulled him down into a loving kiss. She loved this goofy, romantic, sometimes bullheaded man and Andy knew she didn't want it any other way.

Parting from him, Andy pulled away enough to look up at him. "I know y' don't see it... but y' saved my life too, Travis." She said softly. "I told y' all of this, my story, not just because I wanted y' t' know where I came from and what I've been through. It was important for me t' share that with y', but it was more because I wanted y' t' know that I understand." Andy had always believed in the notion of mates, the person that you and your wolf just feel unexplicably drawn and attracted to. The person that was supposed to complete you. She'd always thought it had to do with pheremones, but it was more than that with Travis. It wasn't just this physical and emotional connection, they felt almost made for one another, like their souls resonated with each other and being together finally made the other complete.

"When y' were talking t' Jax about y' brother and how everything was for y'.... I know that darkness, that deep aching loneliness. How every time someone leaves or stops calling y' put on a smile and keep going even though a piece of y' dies inside and wonders 'what did I do?'." Andy had grown to cope, not always in the healthiest of ways. She had a big heart and the losses hurt that much worse so she wandered, she refused to settle down anywhere or with anyone, and then she became a paramedic. She could be social, help others, care, without the fear of being hurt by them. "So I closed myself off, little by little. By the time I met y' in the woods...that part of me that was capable of loving someone I thought was dead." Andy smiled warmly up at him then, her emerald eyes filled with love and adoration.

"Then y' saved me."

.pm..email.
^
Travis Blackburn
 Posted: Oct 3 2017, 08:14 AM
.quote.
151 posts
31 years old
Park Ranger
© Kane
N/A

Travis grinned and his eyes sparkled when Andi said they needed to broaden his reading material. “You mean like the ‘Space Pirate and the Princess’,” he teased back. Then he got a mischievous glint to his eyes and asked, “Or did you maybe have something a bit more ‘Adult’ in mind?” Travis returned Andi’s kiss but when she tried to pull back, he held the back of her head and kissed her harder before finally letting her finish what she was going to say. He just couldn’t get enough of her and the wolf was panting in his mind in agreement.

Travis gazed deeply and adoringly into Andi’s eyes as she continued. She was right of course, Travis couldn’t see how he saved her, but that didn’t mean he didn’t believe her. There was no denying the love in her eyes, and he didn’t doubt how she felt about him. Travis took Andi’s hands and gave them a squeeze as she told him about sharing with him and understanding.

Travis looked down for a moment, slightly ashamed of things going as far as they had with Jackson. He had let things out that he had hidden for so long. But Andi was right; it felt like a piece of him had died when he was left behind. It was just like she said, it was like Andi had opened Travis up and pulled out his feelings to share them. He felt so lucky to have found not only the love of his life, but someone who could understand and not think less of him for his faults. He felt like his knightly armor was tarnished and he was ashamed of it.

Travis returned Andi’s adoring and love filled gaze, staring intently into her emerald eyes with his own eyes filled with all the love in the world. “Your heart is too great and strong to ever be dead. Tired maybe, but never dead,” he tried to assure her. “I just hope I live up to filling your heart as much love as you have filled mine. I think together we both have the chance at finding a new life with so much. I don’t think I realized just how empty I was until I saw you that first time. It felt like my heart was going to burst with the surge of feelings that flooded me,” he told the woman he loved. Travis blushed for a moment as he looked down at their hands. “I was so nervous I would get aroused and you would notice and think I was a total creep. I SO wanted to make a good impression,” he chuckled embarrassingly.

@Andromeda Rhodes
.pm..email..aim.
^
Andromeda Rhodes
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 03:44 PM
.quote.
106 posts
154 years old
paramedic
© Ceri

Even spun with Travis' usual poetic style, the crux of what he was saying, Andy had thought on her own more than once. They weren't exactly alike, but they were kindred souls. They could resonate with the pain that the other had gone through, they could be strong when the other was too weak. Her and Travis were far stronger together than either of them could ever be apart and now... now that they had each other - now that Travis had been thrust into this life - they had the chance to build a life together that was full of nothing but joy and love.

Andy couldn't help but laugh at Travis a bit as he confessed to how nervous he'd been when they'd first met, namely why he was so nervous. "I was paying a bit more attention t' y' shoulder than what was in y' lap." She grinned, giving him a bit of a wink. Not that she had any qualms with what was down there, let alone how easy it was to get him worked up when she wanted.

"Y' made a good impression eventually.... Which, y' have t' give Jax some credit for." She didn't even know how much he knew of this. Jax had never really told her what he'd actually relayed to Travis in the hospital room that first time. She knew what she'd told him to say, but that hardly meant anything. "At the hospital when y' were over the rainbow an' I left, he caught me in the hall and told me I'd be making a mistake if I didn't at least give y' a chance t' ask me out once y' were in y' right mind." Andy had rules for a reason, but it was almost gut wrenching to think that she'd almost missed her chance with this man.

A faint blush in her pale cheeks, Andy leaned into him. "I'm glad I listened." Her voice was full of love and affection as she smiled, gently leaning up and pressing her lips to his.

.pm..email.
^
Travis Blackburn
 Posted: Nov 11 2017, 08:44 AM
.quote.
151 posts
31 years old
Park Ranger
© Kane
N/A

Travis gave Andy a slightly embarrassed smile as he looked back up after his little confession of worrying about her thinking he was a creep when they first met. “I am sure that I was probably just another patient at that point, but I knew then and there I wanted to get to know you,” he admitted. It would be kind of corny to claim it was love at first sight, but there was no denying he was highly attracted to Andy from the first moment he saw her.

Travis remembered that Jackson had gone after Andy when she left the hospital room that first time he was injured. He vaguely remembered having a conversation about both of them needing to step up and pursue the ladies they had met, not knowing at the time that it was his sister that Jackson had met and was so taken with. To think that he had Jackson to thank for getting a second chance with Andy was slightly disturbing, making Travis squirm just a bit because of how things ended up with Jackson earlier.

Andy was so beautiful she simply took Travis’ breath away every time he looked at her. The faint blush coloring her cheeks was so cute it made his heart ache with how much he loved her. “Me too,” he told her earnestly when she said she was glad to have given him a second chance. He could feel his heart beating faster in response to the love and affection in her voice and the genuine happiness he felt at seeing her radiant smile. As she pressed her lips to his, he kissed her back. Wrapping Andy in his arms to hold her tightly, as if afraid she would disappear.

Breaking off from kissing Andy before it got too passionate, Travis had to proclaim how he felt. “I truly love you. I can’t imagine a life without you and there is nothing in your past or that you could do in the future to ever change that. I love you without reservation and with my whole being,” he claimed. “I need you like I need the air to breath. You are the strength that will keep my heart strong.”

@Andromeda Rhodes
.pm..email..aim.
^
Andromeda Rhodes
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 05:12 PM
.quote.
106 posts
154 years old
paramedic
© Ceri

Andy just grinned at Travis as he proclaimed his love for her. So different from any other guy she'd gone after in the past, Andy wasn't sure she'd ever stop being amused that he was the one she had fallen head over heels for, but she didn't hate it. They balanced each other in unexpected ways and it made her feel comfortable and safe in this relationship in a way she hadn't experienced before.

"I love you too... more than I thought I could love anybody." The alpha said softly, looking up into his eyes. She was far from as eloquent in her words, or as expressive as he was, but she always meant every single word. Resting her head on his shoulder, Andy took in his comforting scent with a smile. "You're my soulmate." Her voice full of love and conviction, Andy had known since Travis had been attacked what he was to her. It had taken her longer to accept it fully, but there was no question about it to her now.

.pm..email.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| OPTIONS |Pages: (2) 1 2  | ADD REPLY || NEW TOPIC |

skin by jae/nicole (i, ii, iii, iv, v). mini profile by jae/nicole.
Affiliates
RPG-DX-Men/Avengers RoleplayLochland GroveThe Games