Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) | ADD REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

» Trashed and Scattered, - Jae
Jae-Eun Seong
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 08:00 PM
.quote.
Ceri ❣ Offline
Surgeon
32 YEARS OLD
Shapeshifter
18 POSTS

Jae gave a short amused laugh at her response. "Fair enough." At least he was correct in assuming that she didn't seem to be the type to care about what people thought of her. The comment about telling the truth was interesting though. Whether or not he fully believed her story about vampires, she obviously believed it, and if she was in and out of hospitals enough for injuries related to her belief in the supernatural... was he patching up a hunter right now? Jae wasn't naive enough to think that all hunters were bad and saw the world in black and white... but knowing that those did exist was enough to make him wonder about the woman on the table.

She seemed interested in what kind of things he'd heard and even though his mother's beliefs and what she'd taught him wasn't usually a conversational point he usually focused on, he found it strangely enjoyable to discuss all this with her in their own way. "A lot of stories. She considers herself a shaman or a medicine woman so I'd hear about faeries and shapeshifters and spirits. Werewolves, some about vampires...." Wheeling his side table over with a plastic tub on it for the glass, Jae started to carefully remove the larger pieces and assess if she'd need any stitches back here too.

He kept talking though, figuring the distraction and something to focus on might help her like it tended to help other patients. "Predominently a lot of Korean and Chinese folklore. Like of the kumiho, dokkaebi, ungnyeo, haetae, and imugi." The surgeon listed off, to name a few. He'd only ever heard the stories in Korean though, so he almost hoped she didn't ask for a specific story since he'd have to figure out the translation on the fly while working.

Once he'd gotten the larger pieces out and got some gauze to cover the cuts while he worked on getting the smaller pieces with his magnifiers and some larger tweezers, Jae took the first moment of silence between them and asked his own curious question. "I know you're going to leave the hospital as soon as you're done, but you don't have to travel far, I hope? I'd hate for all this hard work to go to waste just to have you collapse on the side walk or get in a car wreck." Not to mention the fact that she was going to need follow up care, but he'd planned on getting to get to that once he'd finished.

.pm..email.
^
Lydia Cage
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 10:18 AM
.quote.
Dee ❣ Offline
Bounty Hunter
34 YEARS OLD
Hunter
20 POSTS

If Lydia had any idea or consideration that the doctor was more than human, she wouldn’t have been so honest about how she got her injuries. In truth, she probably wouldn’t have gotten herself patched up by him either just for the fact that she didn’t trust anything that wasn’t human and that she knew wasn’t. Yet, here she was, laid out upon the medical table getting herself worked on and cleaned up by the handsome young doctor without a sliver of knowledge or thought that he might not be human. Finding herself actually feeling like it was nice that she wasn’t over thinking everything for the moment and just letting things out without worrying about what would happen. Believing he just wasn’t believing her and that she most likely was high or on drugs or just making metaphors for what happened to her. Reason she was even honest with Jae about how she normally wasn’t this honest with medical people before like this… at least not when it was about the cause of her injuries.

But with the seeming to actually be forward like this and having a nice conversation with him, she wasn’t regretting being walked in on now. Because not only was she getting patched up without issues, the conversation was something she was finding very interesting enough to ask what kind of things he had been told about growing up.

When Jae began to remove the pieces of class from her back, Lydia could actually feel the little shards being pulled out; though the pain was not there thanks to the medication still going strong through her. Plus, listening to the doc talking about how his mother would tell him stories about faeries and spirits and even about the things that went bump in the night was a nice distraction from the feeling of him poking and prodding her back. Getting a bit more curious about which were possibly his favorite stories that he heard; wondering which ones he would have had his mother tell him all the time. Though, she also kind of wanted to ask what a kumiho was or even what the hell an imugi was. A curiosity she couldn’t hold in really with asking, “What is an imugi? I have never heard those names before.” Which wasn’t a complete surprise since she was still learning about everything out there and what they were called in different countries.

Always growing and learning in the world of a hunter.

With his question about if she had to travel far, Lydia had a moment of wondering if she should remain with telling the truth or just lying to the concerned doctor. She knew that she had far to go, after all she had to get back to Seattle where the safe house was for Sentinels, but she couldn’t exactly tell him that. Not to mention that she was gonna have to steal a car to even make it there, even though she doubted she was in any condition to drive. So with a sigh of knowing she would have to now figure out where she was going to even stay in town, she kept to being at least a little honest with Jae. “Where I need to go I ain’t gonna make it. Seattle is too far and I know I won’t be able to drive like this,” Lydia said while closing her eyes for a moment. Trying to think of what to do once they were done.

.pm.
^
Jae-Eun Seong
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 10:08 AM
.quote.
Ceri ❣ Offline
Surgeon
32 YEARS OLD
Shapeshifter
18 POSTS

Jae had a worsening suspicion that the woman on his table was a hunter. With her story there were really only two options and the other was that she was insane. She seemed far too lucid to have delusions like that though, and knowing that vampires were real, well.... he was back to the first option. He had taken an oath and he wouldn't stop helping her even if she did hunt his kind.... Jae just hoped that maybe she only hunted vampires.

"Imugi are..." Jae thought for a moment, needing to think of what the English equivalent might be. "....you would probably call them dragons? Not like your medieval fantasy dragons though. The serpent kind." If you wanted to be technical there were several 'species' of dragons throughout the world's lore, but almost everyone knew about the serpent-like Asian dragons that were prevalent in Chinese culture.

"In Korean lore, the Imugi are the water-dwelling, serpent like creatures that dragons, or Yong start out as. When they have lived for 1,000 years the Imugi begin to watch the skies for ah.... yeouiju. Like.... a holy talisman. Or... a shooting star." As he spoke. Jae continued to clear out her back of the glass, soft sounds of the shards hitting the shallow pool of water in the metal tray sounding out. "If an Imugi catches it, they will have their wish granted and becomes a Yong which can fly and summon storms. They'll carry their yeouiju for the rest of their lives, always on display because of their pride."

Jae felt gloved fingers at her back, checking for any glass that he might have missed. It had taken a great deal of time to get it all, but the conversation helped pass it. Satisfied that he'd cleared it all, Jae grabbed a cloth and got it wet so he could start cleaning up the area before deciding how to handled bandages.

The surgeon was glad to hear that she recognized she wasn't in any shape to drive to Seattle. The only issue being where she stayed now. "There's a motel not far from here. It's nothing nice but it's clean. If you think you can trust me a little longer, I'll drive you there and help you get comfortable." It was too dangerous to send her to the Inn and he wasn't sure how wise it was to offer his guest room. At least at the motel she could get some sleep.

.pm..email.
^
Lydia Cage
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 05:24 AM
.quote.
Dee ❣ Offline
Bounty Hunter
34 YEARS OLD
Hunter
20 POSTS

Listening to him explaining what an Imugi was in a way had Lydia hooked and listening to his every word. Trying to even picture in her mind what he had described about them, thinking about some of those Asian paintings she had seen that had a serpent like dragon on it. But she didn’t ask him for details and was just listening and enjoying the short story of how a Imugi would chase the stars in the dreams of becoming a Yong. Which was a very pleasant distraction from having glass cleared and plucked from her back in a hospital. And when he finished, she was tempted to ask him to tell her another story about one of the creatures he had listed before; yet she couldn’t remember clearly what those names were now. “Sounds like you could recite all the stories your mother told you growing up,” Lydia said instead as a compliment as she softly smiled. Closing her eyes for a moment when she felt his fingers gently feeling around her back for any last tiny shards that needed to come out.

And whether it was just because of the painkiller, or because her adrenaline rush from the fight and then getting caught in there was completely gone, Lydia couldn’t help but let out a soft pleasant groan when Jae began to clean off her back with a wet cloth. Finding the feeling nice compared to the pain she had been in earlier and how she was going to feel after going to sleep and waking up. Knowing that she was going to be stiff as all hell in the morning as well; which just made the trip back to Seattle all the more taxing at the time being and helping her realize she wasn’t gonna make it there tonight when answering his question about it.

Of course, the moment the doc spoke about a motel, she couldn’t help but open her eyes and look towards him. Wondering for a moment if she should trust him further or if this was as far as she would extend that trust.

But with a bit of foggy logic, telling herself that if he wanted to hurt her he really would have done it by NOW since she was drugged and at his mercy in being cared for, Lydia figured it wouldn’t be a bad idea to accept his offer of taking her to a motel. She had enough cash on her to pay for a room for longer than a month if she needed to stay in town, so she saw no reason to not hunker down and let herself heal. Only concern she had was whether or not Basil would decide to try hunting her down for the attempt on his life. Still so very confused on why he hadn’t killed her before and not trusting the actions of the damn vampire. But Jae wasn’t a vampire, and nothing he had been saying to her felt like lies, so she had no real reason not to trust him a little longer. “That’s very nice of you. Normally I would turn it down because of having a hard time trusting strangers, but I know I need help so I think it’s wise if I take the offer,” Lydia even said with a nod. “Thank you.”

Silently hoping though that this wouldn’t bite her in the ass to stay in town longer.

.pm.
^
Jae-Eun Seong
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 11:52 AM
.quote.
Ceri ❣ Offline
Surgeon
32 YEARS OLD
Shapeshifter
18 POSTS

Jae laughed a bit and grinned. "I probably could, though they're much easier to recite in Korean. I've never really heard them in English before." His mother told him those stories his whole childhood and Jae had always listened rapt with attention. He knew them by heart but having to translate them while telling them often took away from the narrative. Or maybe he just wasn't as good of a storyteller as his mom, which was entirely true.

He hadn't been expecting the pleased groan from the woman on the table as he felt at and washed her back. It was hardly an awkward moment compared to some of the patients he'd treated over the years, but it had been unexpected all the same. Jae was just chalking it up to the pain killers mixed with the relief of not having a back full of glass any longer. Like when a massage therapist got out that knot you've been fighting for weeks.

Suggesting the motel had been the only option he really had that worked and even then he didn't know if she'd bite. Jae thought that she'd relaxed around him to know that he had no intention of harming her but as she looked towards him and hesitated on her answer, Jae wasn't so sure he had read the woman right. He could almost see the inner debate in her mind as she tried to figure out what to do so when she ultimately agreed, Jae was glad to hear it. "Good." He finished off her bandages and took a breath. "I think we're all done. Why don't you lay there for a little longer while I clean up and find some supplies to give you." After everything it wouldn't be a bad idea for her to just stay still and relax while he got things together.

Not wanting to make it obvious that he'd been in here, Jae took a little extra time cleaning up. Finally satisfied that he wasn't going to be leaving anything suspicious for the cleaning staff to find, Jae grabbed a bag and started to load up some supplies for her.

Walking back over to the bed, Jae touched her arm to get her attention and moved to help her get into a sitting position. "Okay. Slowly." Helping her into her jacket, Jae put his white coat back on and got Lydia to her feet. It should be simple enough to get out of here without being noticed as long as they didn't use the main doors. Jae knew enough ways out of here that he should be able to navigate them though. It was a slow trip to his car, trying to make sure that she didn't break open any of her sutchres or pass out, but they eventually made it and got her to the nearby motel.

Closing the door behind them, Jae helped her into the bed and out of her jacket. "Easy now." He really didn't like having to dump her here instead of having her over night in the hospital just to keep an eye on her, but this seemed to be the only plan that she would have agreed to. Jae sighed and started to unpack the bag and set up the supplies on the top of the dresser. "I think I grabbed enough supplies, but change your bandages once a day until the wounds start to heal over, don't wear anything too tight until then. Here's some anti-bacterial to avoid infections, as well." He didn't know how much first aid she knew so it seemed prudent to at least tell her the basics.

Though it did leave something to talk about with her. "Those aren't sutchres that dissolve, you'll need them taken out. If you want to avoid the hospital..." He really hoped he wasn't going to regret this. Grabbing the notepad, he wrote down an address and set it next to the bed along with his card. "...come to this address in ten to fourteen days for a check up." He really didn't know if she would or if she'd toss the paper as soon as he'd left, but it was better to give it than not. "My number is on that card if something happens."

Hoping that she could take care of herself, Jae took a step backwards towards the door. "Stay out of trouble." He gave her a charming smile, pausing just in case there was anything else she needed.

.pm..email.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| OPTIONS |Pages: (2) 1 2  | ADD REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

SKIN BY HANNAH OF SHINE & CAUTION. CFS BY BLACK.

Affiliates
RPG-DThe Games