Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) | ADD REPLY || NEW TOPIC |

» A new mate?, Tag: Lindsey
Lindsey Nicholson
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 09:49 AM
.quote.
Kane ❣ Offline
Stylist / Cosmetologist
19 YEARS OLD
Banshee
48 POSTS

Lindsey REALLY wanted to ask Ty what he meant, what he did that drove his mate away. Lindsey wondered if it was more of the same issues, about Ty’s grief over his twin. But now didn’t really seem like the time to get into it. Lindsey figured that they could talk about it later when and if Ty was ready. Ty’s next question shouldn’t have surprised Lindsey, but it did catch him off guard.

Lindsey didn’t move, but turned his face to the side for a moment, looking down at the ground. This was awkward and hard to admit. “I… I don’t have any friends,” he admitted softly, afraid that Ty might think Lindsey weird for not having any friends. “I… I could really use a friend in my life. I… I am not used to having to be alone all the time,” he confessed, hoping that he didn’t sound too needy. Lindsey didn’t want to chase off his one chance at making a friend by admitting to being so needy, but it was an honest answer.

Lindsey couldn’t help the way he was, he was just an emotional person and very touchy feely. He was also prone to hugging a lot, both in greeting, friendship, and for being comforting and reassuring when others or himself was feeling down. Lindsey kind of figured he was pushing things when he hugged Ty, but he felt better when Ty leaned into the hug a little bit. It encouraged Lindsey and Lindsey embraced the young man both to comfort him and to help Lindsey feel better too.

Lindsey didn’t know all the details, but assumed Raine was Ty’s mate that he messed things up with. Surely if this Raine was a real friend, they could patch things up. Lindsey wasn’t sorry. “Don’t be sorry. Its okay, we all… pack a sad,” he tried to reassure and comfort Ty. At the feel of Ty leaning in more, Lindsey hugged Ty a little bit tighter, leaning his own body more against Ty and settling more comfortably upon the floor with him.

Lindsey was a little surprised to learn that Ty well wasn’t Ty. Lindsey let the new name roll off of his tongue as he softly said almost in a whisper, “Tamati.” There was heartfelt emotion to Lindsey’s voice as he said Tam’s full name, it hummed with a motherly/sisterly love. “So you would like me to call you Tam?” Lindsey asked just making sure. Not wanting to upset him because names were important. Lindsey couldn’t help it and as Tam laid his head down on his knees, Lindsey laid his head on Tam’s shoulder while still embracing him. “Believe me, I understand complicated,” Lindsey softly replied when Tam said it was complicated. Almost Lindsey’s whole life had been complicated, still was. Too many people didn’t understand how he was or why and now… Ever since that ‘Scream’ things had only gotten more complicated.

Lindsey hated to break up the moment but he softly offered Tam, “Would you like move back to couch where you can be more comfortable? If not, its okay, we can stay right here.”

@Alia
.pm..email..aim.
^
Tam Keli
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 09:59 PM
.quote.
Alia ❣ Offline
Student
19 YEARS OLD
Shapeshifter
154 POSTS

It wasn't about Tam's grief but about a new feeling bubbling. One that he wasn't really sure how to deal with or process. So he ignored it, and him and Raine seemed to drift apart. Because he couldn't process everything and he didn't know if Raine was having the same problem.

It made the grief more acute since now Tam was mourning two things. The loss of Tane and the loss of his best friend. It made it hard to believe anyone could really be his friend. But his eyes flicked up to Lindsey. "You...don't have mates?" He asked quietly. Wondering why. Lindsey seemed like a nice enough person. He didn't think she was needy.

The hug really helped. Surprisingly. He was enjoying the touch right now. It wasn't that he was opposed, he just wasn't completely used to such things. He chuckled slightly at the use of the slang by Lindsey. Nudging him slightly with a smile.

He raised an eyebrow with the use of his full name. "Yeah Nah, call me what you want, eh." He shook his head. If Lindsey really wanted to call him Tamati he wouldn't stop her. It would just be odd. It was just extra hard to hear it, but like with Raine, and like over all, he needed to start healing. It was hard to do if he rejected who he was. All the sides of him. He was surprised how easy it was to even just have Lindsey resting against him. Almost like being with his sister.

He didn't know about being a Banshee or anything. He just knew how to be a shifter and he was bad at that right now. "My parents named us after a forest god and then twin." He shrugged, his face shadowed for a moment. Always a source of a teasing between them. How Tane was a god and Tam nothing more than the twin of one.

There was a slight chuckle and Tam shook his head. "Can't move yet cuz." He shook his head and tapped the side of it. "Told ya my brain is munted. Can't see right now." He was hoping it'd clear here in a moment. But it hadn't yet. Part of him was always worried that his sight would just disappear all together one day. Dr. Seong had talked about getting him in to see a new neurologist but that hadn't happened yet, and since the problem was his brain and not his eyes...well, it wasn't just as easy to go down to the corner glasses store.

"Still wanna be my mate?" He asked a little more bitterness sneaking into his voice.

@Lindsey Nicholson
.pm.
^
Lindsey Nicholson
 Posted: May 8 2018, 05:27 AM
.quote.
Kane ❣ Offline
Stylist / Cosmetologist
19 YEARS OLD
Banshee
48 POSTS

Now it was Lindsey’s turn to fight back the tears and try to not cry when Tam asked that Lindsey didn’t have mates. Lindsey continued to look down, embarrassed about having to admit that. “Nn… nnnoo,” it was not just Lindsey’s head that shook, his body trembled too. “I don’t have any friends. Not really, not since high school,” he said with a little tremble to his voice. It wasn’t easy making friends when you were different, and having to move a lot during the last year only made it worse.

This was a part of Lindsey, how he was. He had this need to touch; sometimes it felt like he couldn’t talk to someone without having a physical connection. Whether that was touching their arm, their hand, or laying his hand on their shoulder, he did it without really thinking about it. If they spent any time around each other, Tam was going to have to get used to Lindsey’s incessant touching. Half the time, Lindsey didn’t really realize he was touching, it was just natural and he did it without thought. Lindsey tried to return Tam’s smile when he nudged him.

Lindsey let Tam’s full name roll around again, saying it this time as less of a whisper, but still in a soft voice. “Tamati… I really like that. Does it mean something back home?” Lindsey asked curiously. Lindsey didn’t know if the name had a special meaning, but it seemed special to him, especially since he got the feeling that Tam didn’t let others call him that. It touched Lindsey’s heart that Tam would let him use that name.

Lindsey listened to Tam’s answer, how it was the name of a deity and his twin, how fitting that must have seemed when they were born. With a small giggle, that was rather feminine sounding, Lindsey asked, “Is it wrong that I am picturing you running around the forest in just some leaves?” Lindsey meant it playfully hoped maybe it would help cheer Tam up a little bit.

Lindsey snuggled a bit more against Tam, his head still lying on Tam’s shoulder. “Its okay to stay here. But if you want I will be your eyes. It is up to you,” he told Tam, trying to sound reassuring. Lindsey’s long hair had fallen forward over his face, covering a lot of it for the moment. Though obscured by his hair, Lindsey smiled when Tam asked about still being his mate. Lindsey returned the question, his voice hinting at his hidden smile, “Still want to be mine?” After all, they were pretty different, but Lindsey knew, that he was willing to fight for this friendship, to make it happen, and keep it.

@Alia
.pm..email..aim.
^
Tam Keli
 Posted: May 9 2018, 12:02 AM
.quote.
Alia ❣ Offline
Student
19 YEARS OLD
Shapeshifter
154 POSTS

Tam understood some of that. Moving when they had, it had wrecked a lot of friendships with long standing mates. Ruining their last few years in school. It was hard to come in to a school where everyone had known each other since they were young. They had been their less than a year when everything went bad. Not a lot of time for new mates. The few Tane had made, always better than Tam at such things, didn't seem to care much for the munted up brother of the teen they kind of were mates with before he carked it.

There were some touches that Tam was used to but on a whole causal touching wasn't something he was used to or something he did much of. Physically more aware of his body since the accident and the little touches feeling all the more. It would be something he'd need to get used to just as he had started to get use to the little nudges from Raine.

Tamati meant twin. Nothing more. Not a particular twin. Just twin. At times it was a source of stress as to why he was just named 'twin' but all in all he liked his name. "Don't thin' I've ever done that mate. Ran around forests, sure, jus' clad." Naked wasn't really his thing. Even shifting they had clothes on.

He knew Lindsey made the offer in good faith. Knew Lindsey didn't mean anything by it. But it bother Tam. It bothered him when Raine had said similar things. He wasn't stupid. He knew he needed help sometimes. Needed someone to help guide and he had gotten used to Raine being on his bad side, but never when he lost his vision all together. He didn't like feeling helpless. "All good." He said with a smile. One he didn't quiet mean. He would have rather gone back to the couch. It was softer.

"Course." Tam responded to the question. Rubbing his good eye to see if it would clear. He almost felt bad for Lindsey if he was the only person she could find. "Ya really ain't made any friends here? I know it's the wops but it isn't that bad." He managed a smile.

"So what brought you to this place anyway? Luck?" There did seem to be a lot of random luck floating around to bring people here. He wondered about that. If there was some odd magic at work.

@Lindsey Nicholson
.pm.
^
Lindsey Nicholson
 Posted: May 10 2018, 01:40 AM
.quote.
Kane ❣ Offline
Stylist / Cosmetologist
19 YEARS OLD
Banshee
48 POSTS

Lindsey grinned as he giggled softly. “There’s always a first time,” he offered with a playful wink. Lindsey didn’t know anything about shifting so had no idea whether the clothes changed or not. He had been too astonished when Tam had become a fox on his couch for it to register that Tam had clothes on when shifted into the fox and that he still had them on when he became a man again.

Lindsey could tell that it wasn’t ‘all good’ as Tam claimed, but wasn’t going to make an issue of it. If Tam didn’t want help right now, then Lindsey would respect that. It had to be hard and a lot to deal with, so he would give Tam the time he needed. After all, they had really just met so it would probably take time for Tam to get used to Lindsey and build the trust to help him. So Lindsey just gave him a light squeeze to hug on him again.

Lindsey smiled softly when Tam said he still wanted to be friends. Lindsey kind of needed to hear that, even though he had said that as a retort to Tam’s questioning Lindsey about was he sure about being friends. Even though Lindsey was laying his head on Tam’s shoulder, he shook it in the negative. “The only people I’ve met are those guys who found me when I screamed the other night,” he admitted softly. “To be honest, they kind of scare me,” he further admitted. “And the people at work, well, they are all so much older,” he tried explaining to Tam, but Lindsey didn’t know how to express that they seemed to just be in a different place in their lives and there was nothing really to connect them.

Lindsey let out a big sigh. “I don’t really have any luck,” he replied with a bit of a sad tone. “No. It’s the dreams. They kind of drive me and make me… I don’t know how to explain it. Sometimes I just get this overwhelming feeling and I have to leave. I can’t seem to settle down and rest until I find the place that I am… I don’t know. Its like I am supposed to be somewhere and I can’t stop until I get there. That’s usually when the dreams get the worst. It almost like I have to get somewhere so that I can have the dreams,” he offered in explanation, not really sure if that actually explained it or not. “I don’t know if that makes any sense,” he said with another sigh.

@Alia
.pm..email..aim.
^
Tam Keli
 Posted: May 11 2018, 10:45 AM
.quote.
Alia ❣ Offline
Student
19 YEARS OLD
Shapeshifter
154 POSTS

Tam shook his head with a smile. "Maybe cuz." He had the opportunity but he usually wore at least togs or shorts. It'd have been different if he couldn't shift with clothes on. Then he probably would have been naked all the time.

It was bad when he couldn't see. He hated it. Hated the feeling. His nose and ears could compensate to a point but not all the way. Less as a human. He thought, though hoped to never find out, if he completely lost sight as a fox, he'd be okay. His senses were better than a normal human's but still not like they were shifted. Now he had to just wait. He rubbed his eye again hoping that might help. It was also hard to explain to people that it wasn't his eyes that were munted but his brain.

"Why do they scare you?" Most other shifters didn't scare Tam. He liked to watch them all shift and play together. Or at least he HAD. Usually, they were just visiting the area so they could hardly be mates but it was fun. He could get being in different places though. He was still trying to figure things out, figure HIMSELF out and finding people who already seemed to be on a path was odd.

Tam ran his hand along the edge of his jeans and then reached over to where he was pretty sure Lindsey was. Touching his hand lightly. "I got overwhelmed back home. When I was done with rehab an' just moving back. It was too much." Raine had heard bits of this but doubted he heard as much as he was about to tell Lindsey. "Still feel that way shifting. But Tane was everywhere an', well, it's hard to heal when the ghost was there. There was a sense tha' everyone was bein' nice to me not because they wanted to but because they felt they needed too. Even my sis stopped pickin' fights." He sighed. "It was my mum tha' talked ta me about going some place ta really heal. How I wounded up here." He had been careful to talk clearly, to not use the Kiwi slang. Wanting to make sure the blonde understood him.

"So nah, ya words don't make sense bu' I can suss. And this place seems ta draw in people." Granted he came here because of the shifter, but he had seen other shifters. Knew that there had to be other witches from how Raine had talked. He smelled something else that was wild and though it might be werewolves. If they were in Kiwi he didn't know, and Aussie he only met one or two. "Don't surprise me much that you came here or were drawn here." He shrugged. "An' you do have luck. Ya have people like ya who found you eh? Maybe'll get'long soon." And maybe they could show him more of this world.

@Lindsey Nicholson
.pm.
^
Lindsey Nicholson
 Posted: May 13 2018, 03:37 AM
.quote.
Kane ❣ Offline
Stylist / Cosmetologist
19 YEARS OLD
Banshee
48 POSTS

Lindsey looked down for a moment. It might just be that he was being silly, but he wasn’t really that strong or brave of a person, normally being more on the timid side. “They… ah… well, they caused that scream that night. That was the first time that ever happened to me and it was scary, it was out of my control, just ripping out of my body on its own. Then as if that wasn’t scary enough, not knowing what was happening, suddenly these 3 big men, strangers all, come up to me,” he explained. “And they are talking crazy stuff and trying to tell me things and I didn’t have a clue what was going on, who they were, or why this was happening,” he continued. Lindsey was a bit ashamed of it, but he had to admit to Tam, “I am not really a very brave person. I am mostly a very timid person.”

Lindsey took Tam’s hand and gave it a soft gentle squeeze as Tam explained. “And then I went and brought up his ghost again. I am sorry. Really I am Tamati, I didn’t mean to upset you,” Lindsey softly said, his voice was full of a sisterly love that came out with the sound of Tam’s full name. Of course there was no way Lindsey could have expected all of this. He really did think that for some strange reason the picture was a picture of Tam. He had never drawn a living person before from his dreams, but he really did think that was what had happened. He was totally sure that was Tam, never for the life of him guessing that Tam would have a twin who had died.

Lindsey gave a small shrug of his shoulders. He didn’t know. Those men still scared him. He was pretty sure they were all crazy and he had just wanted to get away from them. That was until Tam changed into a fox right in front of Lindsey’s very eyes. There was no denying that. It had been real. And if that was real, that kind of made what those men were saying real too. And Tam was telling Lindsey that the supernatural world was real. It was a lot to take in.

Lindsey in kind of a soft and shy voice had to admit, “Maybe I have a little ‘Luck’. I found you.” Meeting Tam might just turn out to be the best thing that had ever happened for Lindsey. Especially in such a small town where he didn’t know anyone, finding a friend was important. “We kind of got off to a rocky start. And that is ALL MY fault. But I am glad you are here,” Lindsey told Tam, honestly feeling better about being in this strange place with someone like Tam around to be his friend. As if to prove his point, Lindsey gave another hug to Tam.

@Alia
.pm..email..aim.
^
Tam Keli
 Posted: May 15 2018, 07:23 AM
.quote.
Alia ❣ Offline
Student
19 YEARS OLD
Shapeshifter
154 POSTS

Tam wasn't brave. Once he thought he might have been but now he knew he wasn't. Running rather than facing things head on. He was scared and worried and he couldn't shake off the feeling that something was always going to go wrong. Maybe because it felt like something always was.

He had heard that scream. He hadn't known what it was but it overwhelmed his senses. Now at least he kind of knew. It was people like Lindsey. It should scare him more, but it didn't. Lindsey didn't. "Maybe they just wanted ta help." Tam tried to point out. There were parts of shifting he knew because he grew up with it. Other things he had to learn and having lots of family around helped with that. "So no one in ya fam is like you?" He asked. Wondering more about this banshee aspect.

Tam knew Lindsey was timid. He could tell by the way Lindsey had reacted to Tam initially freaking out. "I dunno. Ya did fine wit' me." Yelling at him and arguing. Someone super timid wouldn't do that. Wouldn't point out things that he had been avoiding. But he squeezed the hand back.

If he had known it was just a matter of Lindsey not knowing if it was real, Tam would have found other ways to prove it. Granted he had never heard of Banshees before, or people that screamed in the middle of the night, but it was more than possible they didn't exist in Kiwii or, more likely, he just never came across one. After all, both places he lived had a larger population than Seattle and Perth had way more area as well. To say nothing of the fact that he basically lived on the outskirts of both Perth and Auckland. Still, with Witches and Werewolves and shifters, nothing about the supernatural world would surprise him anymore.

"You did find me cuz, bu' like I said, I dunno if that's luck." He shrugged. He had said his piece and if Lindsey still wanted to be his mate, he wasn't going to push back. Not anymore. "It ain't all ya fault. I'm a bastard." He shrugged, "And I was having a sad." He pointed out as well.

His vision was still gone but he gave a half a shrug. "Okay cuz, gizza hand to th' sofa, eh?'

@Lindsey Nicholson
.pm.
^
Lindsey Nicholson
 Posted: Yesterday at 03:09 am
.quote.
Kane ❣ Offline
Stylist / Cosmetologist
19 YEARS OLD
Banshee
48 POSTS

Lindsey gave a small nod, not used the idea of someone not being able see, he didn’t realize that it was something Tam couldn’t see. “That is what they said, that they were just trying to help,” Lindsey agreed with Tam’s suggestion about what happened. “But to have 3 big strange men come at me after just having that weird scream take control of me was pretty scary. Strangers in a strange place coming at me out of the dark during the night and me all-alone. It was like some horror movie and I was about to be the next victim murdered,” he tried to explain how it had felt that night.

There was a slight tremor to Lindsey’s voice as he tried to answer Tam’s question about his family. “No. We were a normal family. We don’t believe in the Witches, Vampires, and Ghosts. Nothing out of the ordinary ever happened. That is until I started having the dreams. But even then, there wasn’t any talk about it being something supernatural. Everyone just figured it was stress and I was just having weird dreams and nightmares and that they would go away once the stress was gone,” he explained. It wasn’t just Lindsey’s head that shook with his next statement, as he trembled a bit at having to now hide things from his family. “I can’t… I can’t even tell them about this… about all of this. They will think I am going crazy,” he suggested sadly. “With all of the moving I have done over the last year, not settling down anywhere, and what to them were kind of weird and spooky drawings, they will think I’ve had a break down,” he told Tam.

Lindsey smiled softly when Tam gave his hand a squeeze back. He kind of needed that. “Well, I was scared and didn’t want you to leave,” he admitted to how he had been with Tam when he went to the door. “I thought if I didn’t say anything you were going to leave and I would never see you again. That scared me more than having to stand up and say those things,” he offered, not really sure it had been the right thing to do. But in the end, Tam was still here, they were talking, and to Lindsey it seemed like they were working things out.

Lindsey had a small smile on his face, even though Tam couldn’t see it. “I didn’t say what KIND of luck it was when I found you,” he replied in a teasing manner and gave Tam a nudge to try and show that he didn’t mean that. After all Lindsey really did think it was a good thing he met Tam. “We all have a ‘Sad’ sometimes. It’s not like you don’t have good reason to be sad,” Lindsey told Tam. “But maybe its time to try and find a bit of ‘Happy’ too,” he suggested. “You know its okay for you to have a ‘Happy’ too,” he added giving Tam another soft nudge.

Lindsey was glad Tam was ready to move back to the couch, he was getting a little sore sitting on the floor like this. As Lindsey stood up so he could help Tam get up he remarked, “Sweet As,” in reply to Tam wanting to go the couch. The he couldn’t keep a little giggle from escaping at the way that sounded coming from him. “Did I say that right?”

Once Tam was up on his feet Lindsey will ask whether he wants to put his hands on Lindsey’s shoulders and follow behind him or does Tam want Lindsey to take his arm and guide him to the couch. Either way, Lindsey is happy to help and will get Tam back over to the couch and help position him so he can sit down. As they get to the couch, even warning Tam to watch his feet where the broken coffee table is.

@Alia

.pm..email..aim.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

| OPTIONS |Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  | ADD REPLY || NEW TOPIC |

SKIN BY HANNAH OF SHINE & CAUTION. CFS BY BLACK.

Affiliates
RPG-DThe Games